• Register Today It's free!

Gauge Pods For 1st Gen.

live2_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Kamloops British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Does anyone out there know of a place where I can buy pillar pods for a 94 ex. I have seen them for 95 and up but never for a 1st gen. How different is the pillar on a 95? Could it be made to work? I would like to add 1-2 extra gauges without it looking cheap. Any other ideas, pics, etc would be appreciated.
Glen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think the part number was ATM-15308. that says for the ranger but im pretty sure it will fit a 94 X also. just type that P/N in a search on the summit site it should come up.

Autometer 15308 fits Explorers '91-'002 I believe. I've got one in my '94.

Cool, thanks for the help guys. Question though, on the summit racing website it shows starting year as 1995 ending year 1999. Huskyfan you have one in your 94, did it require any mods to get it to fit & how does it look?. It seems strange that it would fit a 94 ranger but a 95 ex. I thought they were the same interior, did the ranger change styles a year sooner?

Thanks again
Glen

It fit fine, no modifications needed, though the tip of each end has a groove that could be cut off for a tighter fit. Besides that it's perfect. It's not meant for first gens but fits good enough to be used on them.

I want to do the same. I plan to use ISSPRO guages because they match the black faced gauges in my '92. I want to put in a real oil pressure gauge and a real voltmeter.

Question: Is an 80 psi gauge correct? My Haynes manual lists the oil pressure as 40-60 psi, warm at 200 rpm, but can it go higher than80 with a cold engine?

Bob

So how do you get your engine to run at 200rpm?

yes an 80psi gauge will be good.. and you measure at 2000rpms. not 200 :)

I also have an ISSPRO gauge.( trans temp) . but I got a marine gauge (white face, red needle).. It seems that ISSPro is the only electric gauge out there with a 270 degree sweep (all others are 90 degree).

I paid $54 for it at http://www.egauges.com (they seem to have some of the ISSPro gauges cheap.. rest are $85)

~Mark

I am thinking mechanical water temp(mine is screwed up) and a tranny temp also. Will the mechanical gauges fit O.K.?
Glen

It all depends on the size. You want 2-1/16" gauges. You just shove them in the pod and they'll stay put.

The Autometer one

You'll have to paint it though. (I've since repainted mine for a better match)

Attachments

• DSCN2461.JPG
    DSCN2461.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 374

Maniak said:
yes an 80psi gauge will be good.. and you measure at 2000rpms. not 200 :)

I also have an ISSPRO gauge.( trans temp) . but I got a marine gauge (white face, red needle).. It seems that ISSPro is the only electric gauge out there with a 270 degree sweep (all others are 90 degree).

I paid $54 for it at http://www.egauges.com (they seem to have some of the ISSPro gauges cheap.. rest are $85)

~Mark

I really need to do a better job of proofreading. RPM's should be 2000, of course, though you can get 200 by replacing the V6 with 6 squirrels.

Yes, I like the ISSPRO because its the only electrical pressure gauge that has a 270 degree sweep. I want a real oil pressure gauge (as opposed to the fake one in the instrument panel). Also, I want to put in an accurate voltmeter because I run 2-way (ham) radios and I want to monitor battery voltage with the engine off. If I ever put in an auxiliary battery, I'll put in a switch to check each battery independently.

Any other gauges that are good to have in a manual trans 4X4?

Bob

Thanks guys for all your help. I have been looking for this forever. WHY didn't I just ask to start off with :banghead:
You guys are the best.
Glen :chug:

Back