Gauges Will Not Work In 1993 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gauges Will Not Work In 1993 Limited

Big_Stig352

Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer Limited
Well, I Talked To A Friend That Was A Mechanic About The 4x4 Not Working, He Told Me To Take The Switch Out And Touch The Wires Together To See If It Will Engauge. That Worked. Then I Touched The Wrong 2 Together It Sparked, And Now The Guages Went Out And Now I Get No Result From The 4x4. I Checked The Fuses I Thought It Would Be. I Also Have A Few Other Questions About Different Things With The Truck. Please Help Me With My Speedo And Tach.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your speedo is mechanical. There is no fuse for it, just a cable from the T-case.

-OR-

Did you mean the lights dont work?

none of the other gauges moved, i assumed the speedo was out too, i dont drive the truck often because there is no tags/insurence and so on for it. so assuming the speedo is working, what do i need to fix? i cant find a fuse for the gauge cluster.

also the illumination works, so does the anti theft light, the gas gauge hasnt been working before this either.

Sorry About The Trouble, I Fixed It, Turned Out To Be The "Hego Heater" Fuse. The Crazy Thing Is Is The Heater And All Worked...

Sorry About The Trouble, I Fixed It, Turned Out To Be The "Hego Heater" Fuse. The Crazy Thing Is Is The Heater And All Worked...
Hi I know this is from 10 years ago, but isn’t the HEGO fuse for 02 sensors? How did that affect your gauge cluster and 4x4?

Hi I know this is from 10 years ago, but isn’t the HEGO fuse for 02 sensors? How did that affect your gauge cluster and 4x4?
He lost me when he said anti theft light.

Back