Gen 4 Thoughts?

dtl 2k2 sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
stafford Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 SPORT
WE'LL, it's been a few months sense the new 06 x's have been out. Next year I'll be putting my 02 up for sale and would like some feed back. My sport is horrible in gas16 city, and 19 highway,, yuck. Hardly ever drive it anymore sense i bought a lil ranger to run back and forth as a daily driver. I love the looks of the 06 eddie bauer style, , XLT is good except the cheap looking plastic trim on the outside. How's gas, normal wear, (breaking in), conditoning, and ect, ,, things you all like about ur trucks, and the things you wish ford would change about them. tHANKS, dave

dtl 2k2 sport said:
WE'LL, it's been a few months sense the new 06 x's have been out. Next year I'll be putting my 02 up for sale and would like some feed back. My sport is horrible in gas16 city, and 19 highway,, yuck. Hardly ever drive it anymore sense i bought a lil ranger to run back and forth as a daily driver. I love the looks of the 06 eddie bauer style, , XLT is good except the cheap looking plastic trim on the outside. How's gas, normal wear, (breaking in), conditoning, and ect, ,, things you all like about ur trucks, and the things you wish ford would change about them. tHANKS, dave

If you think that your mileage sucks, stop looking at SUV's of any size (maybe an Escape Hybrid...).

My 2006 V8 gets a solid 16-18 mixed driving, no long highway trips since broken in so i guess MAYBE i could nail 20

Other than that, love it

My 2006 V8 Limited is wonderful, I honestly think the interior (black leather) on the Limited with the Navigation system feels like a Land Rover. So the interior is nice except for the door handles and the small squeaks and squeals from the cheap plastic seatbelt parts. Fuel milage for me which is a mix of highway and city (from my truck computer) is 14, pure highway is around 19 or 20. The new 6 speed transmission is nice but its a little bit jerky at low speeds and the console mounted shifter is much higher (stalk height) than it needs to be. Other than that, I wish Ford would make the roof higher (i'm 6'7" and my head rubs sometimes) there is about 2 inches of padding and it gets worse with a moonroof like I have.

All that being said, I LOVE MY X! Ive owned Xs' since the gen2's of 1995 and this by far is the best I have ever owned. It rides nice, tons of power from teh V-8, great interior quality (Feels like a land Rover), great styling, and its keeping Americans Employed when you purchase one. I just wish Ford had loaner cars when you get service done.

Back