George Washington Nation Forest Run, 9/24/11 | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

George Washington Nation Forest Run, 9/24/11

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

You guys are welcome

maybe next time we wont have so much fog on stony run...... the scenery is really nice at spots when you can actually see beyond your hood.

maybe by next year i will have trails cut into the other piece of land as well... and maybe we will get up the nerve to try the big hill (for now it remains ATV only).

You guys are welcome

maybe next time we wont have so much fog on stony run...... the scenery is really nice at spots when you can actually see beyond your hood.

maybe by next year i will have trails cut into the other piece of land as well... and maybe we will get up the nerve to try the big hill (for now it remains ATV only).

Big hill?thought we hit/tried all of them?

nope,

There was the one hill that i showed you guys when we walked over there. I think it is about 140 % grade with a soft topsoil pile at the top and twice as long as the others. So far i have flipped ATVS there about 30% of the time. There is another hill climb that has such a difficult entrance that i havent been able to get an ATV up yet. i think that one needs some more heavy equipment time. and of course there is the teardrop trail where i got the bulldozer stuck. but that one need serious chainsaw work to clear deadfall.

nope,

There was the one hill that i showed you guys when we walked over there. I think it is about 140 % grade with a soft topsoil pile at the top and twice as long as the others. So far i have flipped ATVS there about 30% of the time. There is another hill climb that has such a difficult entrance that i havent been able to get an ATV up yet. i think that one needs some more heavy equipment time. and of course there is the teardrop trail where i got the bulldozer stuck. but that one need serious chainsaw work to clear deadfall.

Wow.well maybe next year we can plan a couple extra days and come up and help clear trails.there is just soooo much up there to do.man i miss it all ready;)you going to come down for the obx trip?

I opened my truck and there was 3or more in it alive!!tank is finally mounted.just some little stuff and packing and im ready!

stink bugs smink bugs

you guys havent seen ****!!!! about a week after the trip the stink bugs invaded like a swarm of locusts....everybody on the eastern l slopes of the blue ridge is getting bombarded with them. They are starting to back off a little now but just yesterday the lady bugs started to join them. i go and move a board or something and there will be hundreds of both of them. This happens in the hills each fall but this is the worst that anyone has seen.

As to new trails.... i just started doing recon on the other property... it looks like it is going to have lots of potential. with some rock ledges as well. i'll be up there bustin trails all winter. if you guys want to do a trail bustin weekend during the cold months you can send me a PM and maybe we can start a new post. The flood plain area also becomes quite challenging and quite different during the winter.

stony run
DSC_2545.jpg

DSC_2546.jpg

DSC_2547-.jpg

DSC_2550-.jpg

DSC_2551-.jpg

DSC_2552-.jpg

DSC_2557-.jpg

DSC_2558-.jpg

DSC_2560-.jpg

DSC_2564-.jpg

DSC_2565-.jpg