George Washington Nation Forest Run, 9/24/11 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

George Washington Nation Forest Run, 9/24/11

Well my "smart" self just looked at a map. Your plans are another hour south on 81. I will have to recalculate that weekend!

So does that mean our trails are still open.i have to leave sun afternoon but if there is time im definitely down for a run

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! :thumbsup: I need to learn how to do that myself sometime.

Maybe I'll practice on my stock axles that I took out ;)

Boomn /Chris helps alot and got the fancy tool that makes it easy;)

Just went camping (Little Run Campsite) in GWF. Peters Mill was the only trail open to full size vehicles, because a culvert was washed out on Taskers Gap.

I'm up for meeting up on Saturday Morning at your campsite and wheeling for the day. I'm assuming you all will be in the same area (Edinburg, VA).

Geez that's where I went in April and they said it'd be fixed n may LOL they were also relocating a section... I have my operators pass... And I did taskers it goes about six miles then is a gate...peters parking lot washed out lol couldn't get past top of entrance hill...

Well my "smart" self just looked at a map. Your plans are another hour south on 81. I will have to recalculate that weekend!

you should still meet us up there its not often to get to go riding with a group of explorers lol

I will plan on leaving early AM on Saturday or Friday night (Sleeping in Car). Just let me know where to meet up.

Right on!looks like we are probably staying at the lake sense people are bringing the wives /girlfriends but that can change.good to see more people getting on board now ;)i can't wait ;)

unless anyone wants to buy my gas, food, drinks, any part i may need to replace to finish my lift. i wont be going

What parts??you still got two weeks.know you get paid again by then

ive had 20 people flake on different tires/bmx bike so far. if i could get sell of all that i could prob afford the gas and a sandwitch or two

and i rememberd officer dickface wrote me tickets on a truck i just bought. since the court date is after the trip, i have no idea if i can get out of paying or not. (only cause i had JUST bought it, leave me alone i know it needs fixing)

ive had 20 people flake on different tires/bmx bike so far. if i could get sell of all that i could prob afford the gas and a sandwitch or two

and i rememberd officer dickface wrote me tickets on a truck i just bought. since the court date is after the trip, i have no idea if i can get out of paying or not. (only cause i had JUST bought it, leave me alone i know it needs fixing)

What parts do you need for your lift though? You can put the fines on a payment plan if you do have to pay them.only way your get out of it is if you fix all the problems and prove they are fixed

What parts??you still got two weeks.know you get paid again by then
drivers tie rod, i think i mushed the threads, i cant get the nut on anymore. gear oil, bushings under the coil springs since mine are falling apart, bushings on the axle pivots as the rubber is crumbling some. extended brake lines

yes i get paid, but its all going towards other ****

What parts do you need for your lift though? You can put the fines on a payment plan if you do have to pay them.only way your get out of it is if you fix all the problems and prove they are fixed
well the tint is removed, plus the ticket is invalid. the height i cant fix cause if i have to pay the ticket i cant afford to fix it(im not anyway, but thats what ill say)
im hoping theyll see that 3 days after i registered the truck he got me. maybe theyll dismiss it since i had JUST gotten it

The tint will be prob the only thing they will dismiss.well you can ride up if you but i ain't feeding you!!!hahah

camping options

hey all,

fishfood here and stepping into what appears to be lengthy post. When i knew uncle meat was planning this trip i had indicated to him that i would offer up my place for the camp. I guess he was being a polite old fart and waiting for me to officially offer up my place.

well here is the official offer:

"camp spike" (aka Riverbreeze) is available for our use on this weekend. The house is only shelled in at this time, but it provides 2200 sf of floor space for crashing on. Of course there is electric, water etc, but plumbing is not completed so there is a clean porta potty. We have wooded camp sites for about a dozen with no problem,

We have private trails with hill climbs, tank traps etc. We have about a mile of frontage on the james river for our use. Additionally i just picked up another 10 ac piece around the corner with a couple acres of meadow with the balance in woods. no trails on that piece yet but you can blaze whetever you want to.

We can do target practice here as well. and we dont have to worry about that pesky "drinking in public" thing that is always an issue at parks like sherando.

i had planned on providing pulled pork BBQ and beer but dont hold me to that....i will be out of town until just before the run.

attached is the link to the bing map turn on the arial view for a better view.
i will be there from friday morning on. for those taking friday off. if yopu think you want to camp here just let me know either by pm or in this forum.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MLOM...xMjQwMjY1MjM3MjMlN2UtNzcuNzQxODM2NTQ3MzEyNQ==

stacey

some more points

Now that i have read the entire thread i can offer the following:

permits:
I do not believe stony run needs a permit or any fee. The info copied into the post refers to the ATV trails such as the south pedlar where there is a fee but street legals are prohibited so it is moot.

shooting:
I now see that wew are talking about rifles.......big %#%#% rifles. I think for these will need to use the new piece of land around the corner from the house site. There i can get you about 50-100 yard line of sight. Also that way we can keep the dogs at the house to protect their ears etc. My dog also doesnt like the noise and is probably a bigger wuss than any of yours. handguns can still be done on the north (non river) side of the house property.

i wouldnt plan on shooting while you are on the trail..... the trails forms the boundary of the St. Mary's wilderness which may have even greater restrictions that the rest of the forest.

showers:
The river makes a very good substitution for showers, but there is a possibility that i might be able to borrow a friends outdoor water heater to warm up the well water. Or you can just use the well .....Brrrr..Brrrr.

air tools:
i can turn on the compressor at the house site to run air tools that you bring with you, but i do not have any air tools up there.

brake cleaning:
we can use power washer to clean mud off brakes so you dont warp a set on the ride home.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey all,

fishfood here and stepping into what appears to be lengthy post. When i knew uncle meat was planning this trip i had indicated to him that i would offer up my place for the camp. I guess he was being a polite old fart and waiting for me to officially offer up my place.

well here is the official offer:

"camp spike" (aka Riverbreeze) is available for our use on this weekend. The house is only shelled in at this time, but it provides 2200 sf of floor space for crashing on. Of course there is electric, water etc, but plumbing is not completed so there is a clean porta potty. We have wooded camp sites for about a dozen with no problem,

We have private trails with hill climbs, tank traps etc. We have about a mile of frontage on the james river for our use. Additionally i just picked up another 10 ac piece around the corner with a couple acres of meadow with the balance in woods. no trails on that piece yet but you can blaze whetever you want to.

We can do target practice here as well. and we dont have to worry about that pesky "drinking in public" thing that is always an issue at parks like sherando.

i had planned on providing pulled pork BBQ and beer but dont hold me to that....i will be out of town until just before the run.

attached is the link to the bing map turn on the arial view for a better view.
i will be there from friday morning on. for those taking friday off. if yopu think you want to camp here just let me know either by pm or in this forum.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MLOM...xMjQwMjY1MjM3MjMlN2UtNzcuNzQxODM2NTQ3MzEyNQ==

stacey

So you will be going up Fri the 23?im game to camp on your property.not like i didn't believe uncle just im bringing thousands of dollars in firearms and have a TON of money in my truck and don't wanna risk doing anything wrong.it sounded like it was just camping in the woods,ruffing it camping before but now it doesn't and you know how girlfriends and wives can be about that!!hahah.i was going to bring my smoker too and smoke some stuff but if you got the bbq down then ill take that off my list;) sounds like you got an awesome little place there,i can't wait.ill pm you with my number,Will,me and maybe brandon should be up there Fri afternoon to set up camp if that's ok with you

Back