Getting exhaust... V Flow vs Flowmaster vs Magnaflow vs ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting exhaust... V Flow vs Flowmaster vs Magnaflow vs ?

hydroxy

I like to fiddle...
Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited v6
I have a 95 v6. I want to get duals (single muffler, 2 pipes out) out the back. Dont want inside cabin noise, but want it LOUD on the outside (Easier to make it quieter after I get it installed, then louder right?). I was looking at the Flowmaster Delta 40 series.

I called up a recommended exhaust place by my mech. friend, and was told that they used V Force mufflers. He said it was cheaper, with same noise... I had never heard of V Force before... was wondering if anyone else had?

I dont want interior noise... I dont know how the V Force deals with that...

$350 too much?

Thanks
patrick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't say I've ever heard of V Force before. I'm also about ready to buy an exhaust and I can't decide between a 40 Delta or 50 series. I also want no noise inside, or at least on the highway, but loud outside. Thanks for posting this thread, it is exactly what I'm questioning as well.

I'd say go with Magnaflow ;) It might be a bit quieter outside than the Flowmasters, but you'll have much less cabin noise.

I've got a Magnaflow on order, and getting 2 1/4" mandrel pipe, all for $140 here. But the cost of living is cheaper here than in Fairfax, Virginia I bet.

i was thinking about going with the flowmasters aswell, ill just wait and see if you post which ones you get and if you like em, i havea '96 so its baically same as yours

Well i fabracated a delta 50 series flowmaster on my 99 sport. i have a pipe bender at my saturday job so it wasn't to hard, just wish i used 3" instead of 2 1/2". I do get some inside noise with this muffler so with a 40 series i bet it's more. But check out your original system first cause mine was 2 pipes in and 1 out, so the 50 was the only flowmaster i could get with a dual in sinlge out. It has a nice grumble at idle, and with the intake sounds pretty tough when you get on it. next thing on the exhaust i'm thinkin is to change the front pipes to 2 1/2" also with high flow cats. but keep in mine it's still a 6cyl so it aint gonna get nearly as tough a sound as a 5.0 version, especially if you go duals. Plus i think i lost a little low end grunt goin from the stock 1 7/8" pipe to the 2 1/2", even notice it more with the 33x13.50 that are on it now. Hope that helps a little.

Alec, having the 1.5" pipes, then would I just put some 2-2.5" tips on? Having 1.5" out the rear would look kinda wimpy me thinks....

1.5"? I have the OHV V6 and i put a flowmaster 40 delta on mine (single in dual out) and i have two 2.25 pipes with a 3" stainless tips out the back. It is loud inside but i like it. if you want quiet get a flowmaster 50 series delta.

dual 2" pipes would be ok, with some 2.25 or 2.5" tips.

dual 2" even on a v6? thats 2x the normal exhaust... that still gunna keep backpressure?

dave: even the delta series is loud on the inside? I thought that the whole point behind delta was to have it quiet inside....?

no delta is quiet on inside...it's a 3 chamber muffler...makes it quieter

yes, you said you had the 40 series delta... i thought the deltas were suppose to be quiet on the inside?

doh i'm retarded...i have the 40 NON Delta

I can't speak for anything other than the 50 series flowmaster..... Its pretty quiet with just enough growl when you give it gas. As far as in cabin noise, there is some, but you get used to it to where you don;t even realize its there. On the interstate at about 25k rpm theres a decent hum. I'm pleased with it, and I've noticed a bit better gas milage.

Does anyone have a Delta 40? If so what is the highway sound like. Noticable? Very loud? Quiet? Annoying?

i have a delta 40 with about a foot of pipe dumping out the side. It's aggressive sounding. I do get some interior resonance though. In the driver seat you can hear the muffler, but its a nice sound. :D When i've ridin' in the passenger seat you can definetly hear a sound difference from the driver to there. All in all its good. I would go delta 40 if i were you. On a side note. I do have a magnaflow muffler too that i occasionally use. I have my exhaust setup so that i can change it. With the magnaflow i have more backpressure and seem to have more torque on the lower end. On the other hand with the flowmaster. When i get up about 2600 it pulls alot harder than the magnaflow. Both exhaust's are 2.25".

you actually had a noticeable difference w/ the flowmaster?

Has anyone heard of V Force??

There was gain with both mufflers over stock. Just there plus's an minus's to both. I think more hp with the flowmaster, but more low end torque with the magnaflow since there is more backpressure. I think that makes sense. If not someone on here will correct me. Flowmaster is definatly louder though. Also the sound depends on the size of your piping. I see guys with 2.5, but i think honestly 2.25 is big enough.

To add my 2 cents, I just put a magnaflow on my 98 Eddie Bauer and kept the stock pipes. It sounds awesome. Not two loud but has a nice growl. I was looking for more sound then performance. I got what I wanted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Gopher
Flowmaster is definatly louder though. Also the sound depends on the size of your piping. I see guys with 2.5, but i think honestly 2.25 is big enough.

the flowmaster "sound" also is dependant on which series of muffler you get...you can go from virtually no noise to tons of noise and resonance....

Back