Getting exhaust... V Flow vs Flowmaster vs Magnaflow vs ? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting exhaust... V Flow vs Flowmaster vs Magnaflow vs ?

What i was wondering is this, i want to get a muffler that really helps in the performance side but isnt that loud. I want a little tone but not too much. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think Gibson makes a pretty mellow muffler that has good performance gains... www.gibsonperformance.com

Also, the flowmasters come in all loudness... but I've never found enough info on them to reccomend one to you.

Good Luck
-----Nate

I'll jump on this - I put a RaVin 33 series on my V8 and she is pretty good. Good sound and good performance. I have a clip of how she sounds (Dead Link Removed) from the outside. On the inside, the wife and I don't notice too much, except when all the windows are down and you romp on it!

Good luck!

I had flowmaster 40 series muffler with no cat and 2.5 inch pipes, had a noticable power increase especially when paired with a k&n. Also sounds pretty good to.

Stock is Best!

Aren't 95+ Xplorers got stainless steel exhaust? Why mess that up? Leave well enough alone!

Re: Stock is Best!

Originally posted by emon
Aren't 95+ Xplorers got stainless steel exhaust? Why mess that up? Leave well enough alone!

Hmmmm, if you'll notice, most everybody here changes/modifies their ride some way or another. Some go for style. Others go for power. That's why we are here. Let us know when you figure out why you're here. ;)

Re: Stock is Best!

you :smoke:ing some good **** there. Uhhhhh....lets see....STOCK EXHAUST ON EVERY VEHICLE SUCKS, doesn't matter if it's an Explorer, C5 Z06, or Porsche, or Ferrari...ect. Stock is HEAVY, stock is RESTRICTIVE, stock sounds like ****, stock isn't EFFICIENT, stock is UGLY.

ummmm...it sucks, sucks, and sucks some more and then a little more sucking, no matter what vehicle you drive. Example: Explorer (you have Magnaflow, Flowmaster ect), Corvette C5 and ZO6 (you have Corsa, Borla ect), Ferrari (you have Tubi), Porsche (you have Fab-Speed, Ruf, Gemballa ect)......every one of those saves weight, increases power, increases mpg, looks a ton better than stock, and sounds a sh!tload more incredible over stock.;)

and last time I checked, our Ex/Mounty don't have stainless exhaust;) Stainless is 99.9& of the time polished/shiny like Magnaflow mufflers. See if yours looks like that:p

Leave well enough alone!

Ford Engineers get paid by the millions each year to create the best truck out there including the best exhaust for your X. That's all the sh_t that they do.

Do you really think YOU could do better? Huh, SaleenExp? Huh, RTStork?

Think about that for a minute! No, take a day! Then let me know.

~emon

PS. I'm here to put my 2 cents in, RTStork.:mad:

Re: Leave well enough alone!

Ford Engineers get paid by the millions each year to create the best truck out there including the best exhaust for your X. That's all the sh_t that they do.

Do you really think YOU could do better? Huh, SaleenExp? Huh, RTStork?

Think about that for a minute! No, take a day! Then let me know.

~emon

PS. I'm here to put my 2 cents in, RTStork.:mad:
you have a very simple mind/view....do you know anything about vehicles? Cause what you just said just went against everything.....Stock exhaust are sh!tty cause they have to meet Government regulations, is that too hard for you to comprehend, it's that simple.

Lets see, stock exhaust is very heavy, lets no sound through, is very restrictive ect ect...., and no Ford does not engineer the best exhaust for the truck cause they they have to cut cost, again it's that simple.

Ever look under your truck??? Notice how big and ungainly the whole stock system is???? Notice how many cats there are?????

Why do you think adding an a custom cat-back adds more power, sound, mileage, looks ect ect.? CAUSE IT'S BETTER!! :mad: This is proven on dynoes.

There is not one manufacturer that makes a nice factory exhaust, whether your driving a Ferrari or Ford. Ever heard of Ruf, Gemballa, Fab-Speed, Tubi?? No, I guess not, read my last post again then.

Why don't you see true duals on an Explorer, huh? Cuase it cost more money. So they designed a dual-in/single out restrictive exhaust.

emon... I'm a relative newb... and even I know that aftermarket exhaust is far and away better than stock.

Oh my!

Ummm... you sounded mad... geez, dude... take a chill pill... you've been sneefing too much exhaust fumes (without the catalytic converter).

I said take a day. Sleep on it. :D

not mad, just trying to get throught that noggin of yours;)

but if you make statements like that on this board especially b/c almost all of us have modded Explorers, you have to back it up with some evidence.

The stock exhaust, manifolds, and cam we're about the worst Ford has ever designed, with the 5.0 Explorers/Mountaineers taking the cake.

Hello, NWeibley!

Don't let SaleenEXP persuade you to spend your hard earn money on something that does the same thing.

Oh, yeah, maybe a bit better. But is it worth the extra second from zero to sixty for $200?

I'll catched them at the red light every single time!:p

Originally posted by SaleenEXP
The stock exhaust, manifolds, and cam we're about the worst Ford has ever designed, with the 5.0 Explorers/Mountaineers taking the cake.

hey now... can't leave the cams out of atleast THIS one?:D

Hrm... I think aftermarket exhaust/intake is worth it. I like the sound, and even if it is little added performance... it's still added performance. Granted, I would rather have a Superlift 4" lift, skidplate, and front driveshaft... but thats not in the cards financially right now.... :D

I guess to each his own... I mean, I'm the kinda guy who cools his computer with water... totally un-necessary... but it helps keep it colder better longer!

-----Nate

Re: Hello, NWeibley!

Don't let SaleenEXP persuade you to spend your hard earn money on something that does the same thing.

Oh, yeah, maybe a bit better. But is it worth the extra second from zero to sixty for $200?

I'll catched them at the red light every single time!:p
bro, your not making any sense. First, an exhaust is not going to take 1 second off your 0-60 time....if so that would be the performance buy of all time.

wtf is catch them at the red light??

99% of us on here mod our Explorers b/c of better performance.

explorer, or modded explorer
Porsche Turbo, Ruf Porsche Turbo
Viper, Hennesey Viper
Boxster, Gemballa Boxster............

still think stock=modded pefrormance?

WTF!?!

No cursing please! I have 2 kids in the room!:(

My point is... Is it worth $200 to get 1/2 a second off your time?

Now if it would make your X looks better... then we could talk.:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: WTF!?!

No cursing please! I have 2 kids in the room!:(

My point is... Is it worth $200 to get 1/2 a second off your time?

Now if it would make your X looks better... then we could talk.:rolleyes:
don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a flame war. Mustang guys spend well over $200 to get a 1/2 second off their time. I didn't have a problem spending $300 for my exhaust, 1) it sounds throaty as hell, 2) I did drop a little more than 1/2 a second off my time combined with an intake, 3) I got about 1.5mpg better in hard city driving, 4) it looks better, 5) it's lighter, I could go on and on.

I would spend $500 if it was just for the sound and have no problem with that.

If you can't afford the $200 than it isn't a good idea.

It just sounds like you not into cars/trucks. I mean I've already laid out a plan to immedietley have a KenneBell Twin Screw Charger, True 3" Duals using Magnaflows, Headers, Intake, maybe 4.10 gears, ect ect for an 03' 4.6 Mountaineer.

Back