Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Getting ready to install a new stereo head unit - tips, tricks?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by SteveRosenow, September 27, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. gmanpaint

gmanpaint It's Always Something! Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    MO MO
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 & 95 XLT's
    Like I said earlier.... the amp bypass harness goes on the amp harness in the back of the truck, not the head unit in the dash.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. SteveRosenow

SteveRosenow Member

City, State:
    Shelton, Washington
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1996 Ford Explorer XLT
    You'll have to forgive me for sounding a bit aloof here, but I didn't catch that in your original reply on that.

I also know nothing when it comes to stereo wiring. You'd think otherwise since I repair telescopes as a side business (and wired my own observatory), but when it comes to car audio, I don't know a thing about it. That's why I am at this point so confused. I don't even know which one on that CarID link you posted, would fit my own vehicle.