• Register Today It's free!

Gold Series Remote Start/Alarm???

Explorer Dave

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer
Hi. I'm new to this forum. I need some help. I went to my dealer to have a remote start installed. I asked if it would automatically activate my Climate control, rear defroster and heated seats. I was told that it would so I told them to go ahead with the install.
When my truck was ready, I went and tried it... started right up. But the Climate control was where I had left it my rear defroster wasn't on and neither were the heated seats. I went back in to explain but the installer had already left.
They had installed the 100 or Bronze series remote start, a one button one way remote. I found a 200 or gold series remote with a 6 button remote on the ford accessory site for the same price and it also has a lot more features. I called the dealer and told them about it and they ordered it for me.
When they got it in they said they could not connect the heated seats. I called the 800 number and the guy on the phone said "anything is possible" but refused to tell me how to do it. Does anyone here have any ideas????

1: factory remote starts dont really do much other then start the car/truck.

2: even after market remote start dont turn the heat up and change it from vents to defrost or what not. You still have to set that the night before when before you turn it off. it will just turn it on when it starts. Maybe some really high end remote start might be able to be wired to change climit control settings but none that iv seen.

3: heated seats with our year factory remote start does not turn on heated seats. after market ones can. some newer cars do that but not ours

Back