Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

good idea? what will i need?

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by ExporeRanger, August 22, 2006.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. ExporeRanger

ExporeRanger B

City, State:
    Highland, Md
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    92 XLT
    i hav a first gen 4wd xlt sploder..i got a procomp AAL and a wrarior shackle setup out back..almost 3in of lift..and i got the stock coils up front with a coil spacer "2in"..the coil sapcer went on abouta month after teh rear lift..and it had settled out back..so the front was pretty level..since then the coil spacer has compressed.and now it sits about an inch shy of level again.. i dropped the runnin boards, the chin spoilder and the rotting hitch (suggest you do this if its practical for you looks great)..

so lets say i hav a
    front: 1-1/2in lift
    rear: 2-1/2in lift

i want it to sit level..and pick it up even a lil more..i hav not used any extensions for anything..no ebrake or steering or anything..(hasnt been necessary)

i've been thinkin a number of things..i was gunna go with just a body lift for a while... a 2in..what extensions will i need if i hav the 2in body coupled with the 2/3in lift i have?

also i was thinkin about puttin a 2in coil lift up front with the coil spacer as well..about 3in of lift after it settles..and it should either be level or close to level..if it was noticeable enough..i was jus gunna throw another add a leaf in the rear packs.. if i do THIS lift..what ext. will i need all around?

i hav rancho 5000 shocks up front and out back..none of which are lift shocks though. so will i need to do something about that? (they didnt offer lift shocks for the front..just the rear..i was a lil confused?)

finally if i do eitehr the body lift ABD add to my current suspension lift like i was explaining...what ext. will i need? i figure if i buy an ebrake and a drop pittman for the body lift..i wont need one for the suspension thats any bigger or anything..since i already hav those ext. bekuz i kno those lifts come with them usually..

thanks for all your input
    -chris

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. pughman

pughman Active Member

City, State:
    in a galaxy far far away "MISSOURI"
    92 XLT
    good god.... trash it all, and get a lift kit...lol....

you cant go over 2in. with out drop brackets for the front. get 2in coils, take out the aal in the back , then you will have a 2in S lift , then put on a 2in. body lift and 32's ...good to go....

4. ExporeRanger

ExporeRanger B

City, State:
    Highland, Md
    92 XLT
    nah..thats why i put the whole thread up..wuttya think bout wut i was saying..it might sound complicated to you..but i dont hav the money to trash it and get "a real lift kit" or anything...and all this lift stuff is pretty new i dont wunna get rid of any of it or replace it..so wuttya think?

5. FROADER

FROADER Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Huntington Beach, CA
    1997 XLT
    That's what he thinks of your idea...and he's right.

6. 410Fortune

410Fortune Firewood Season Staff Member Moderator

City, State:
    NORTH IDAHO, 7B
    B2 Slightly Modified
    Do a search for F-150 spring seats on this site :)

7. pughman

pughman Active Member

City, State:
    92 XLT

that would work , but you still need the drop brackets, he is wonting a 4in or 3 up front.......

Last edited: August 22, 2006
  8. pughman

pughman Active Member

City, State:
    92 XLT

e-bay your aal and coil spacer , call it a 2in. lift kit. get the F-150 spring seats cheep out of a junk yard , use the rest of the money to get a 2in. or 3in. body lift. then you will have a nice set-up for cheep....

9. ExporeRanger

ExporeRanger B

City, State:
    Highland, Md
    92 XLT
    yeah that sounds good..i def didnt think the spacers would turn out to be such a disaster..i think im gunna live with all the suspension for now..2in body on top of what i got so far..what brackets will i need though is really my main question..ill hav like a 2in up front and a 3in outback with a 2in body lift..the truck is auto..and 4wd..what drop brakets and extensions will i need for all of that lift?..thanks again

10. 94Gexplorer

94Gexplorer Active Member

City, State:
    port angeles, wa
    94 ex
    you only need two drop brackets for the axle and 2 for the radius arm bracket or longer radius arms and brackets. maybe a 4" pitman arm but dont need that so much. i got all what i lifted mine with from people here and therangerstation and made my own radius arms