Got Livernois? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got Livernois?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

She might have a significant other who opposes such a move. I would know. My wife was all about me painting the calipers orange and tinting the tail lights, but I keep getting a 'no' in regards to painting the ovals. 'If Ford wanted them a different color they would have made them that way.' :(

Granted, it was a 'hard no' at first and I 'win' these things 99% of the time, so it's likely going to happen eventually, but I am having more luck talking her into a $600 tune than painting my ovals. :p

I would consider getting thumbs-up on a tune over painted ovals a win. A big win.

have the 93 v5 version in mine...love it and i agree..the quick shift changes ect really make a difference. Power is always there and never really sluggish.

Anyone know if there is a version higher than 5 right now?

I do most city and stop and go traffic..but also open highway....open highway i can get 19...city i am getting 17

As far as I know, V5 is the latest.

I have all the goodies LMS have for the sport, I have 20k miles on the tune and it's beautiful. I just put the exhaust 6k mi ago, LMS downpipes and catback, and I love it. With the exhaust I'm getting 20mpg hwy and around 17 in town. I'm waiting for the HPFP for the explorer to try a flex fuel tune. ;)

Update:

I've had the Livernois Performance Level 2 Package plus 3 Bar Map Sensor for several months now. I'm running the 93 Octane Tune on it.

The level 2 package comes with a Windstorm CAI, Thunderstorm Downpipe and Tune. 3 Bar Map was $79 extra.

I'm starting to travel my territory heavily now (1500 per week for the next 2 months) and my latest mpg and miles to empty is pictured below.

The second (display) was taken in Hudson, WI on my way home from Fargo, ND. It was a day trip. In one day and out the next.

I'm not only pleased with the gas mileage, but having a little more punch on the gas pedal on highways speeds of 75 mph to 90 mph sure comes in handy when passing up slower vehicles and 18 wheelers.

I've also had a little fun taking on a few ricers who challenge me and also have dealt with a lot of jackasses that love to cut me off. I keep forgetting that I have a dual dash cam. I should be positing those assholes on YouTube.
IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

Update:

I've had the Livernois Performance Level 2 Package plus 3 Bar Map Sensor for several months now. I'm running the 93 Octane Tune on it.

The level 2 package comes with a Windstorm CAI, Thunderstorm Downpipe and Tune. 3 Bar Map was $79 extra.

I'm starting to travel my territory heavily now (1500 per week for the next 2 months) and my latest mpg and miles to empty is pictured below.

The second (display) was taken in Hudson, WI on my way home from Fargo, ND. It was a day trip. In one day and out the next.

I'm not only pleased with the gas mileage, but having a little more punch on the gas pedal on highways speeds of 75 mph to 90 mph sure comes in handy when passing up slower vehicles and 18 wheelers.

I've also had a little fun taking on a few ricers who challenge me and also have dealt with a lot of jackasses that love to cut me off. I keep forgetting that I have a dual dash cam. I should be positing those assholes on YouTube.
View attachment 97700

View attachment 97701

Just install the police lights / blinkers and you will not see as many people cutting you off lol, jk. Does the custom exhaust give you any droin or noise at highway speeds?

Just install the police lights / blinkers and you will not see as many people cutting you off lol, jk. Does the custom exhaust give you any droin or noise at highway speeds?

I wish with the police lights LOL. As for the exhaust, only when you punch it. Otherwise, sounds like stock.

I have LMS full exhaust, absolutely no drone.

Today, me and his hot mom raced each other for about 3 stop lights in Schaumburg (don't want to incriminate myself just in case for you cops out there :p).
View attachment 97524

Hey I'm in carol stream! Pretty sure I've seen you on 355 before.. black explorer with the red strip under the nose!

Back