Got my Tail-light Bar!!

interscope8

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Purdue University
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4x4
Got it in the mail today! Looks like solid construction to me, both ends are well sealed with plastic, LEDs are bright even in the sun, very very slim too!
$35.27 shipped

Here it is, gunna mount it this weekend if my work schedule allows it!
DSC06080.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice, definetly post some pictures.

Also remember to seal the ends really good so the board doesn't short out.

The ends look nice actually, but I'll seal em up! And it's all pretty awesome quality. Metal mounting plate with moveable mounting brackets with precut molding tape! I just need to splice into my trailer wire and into a pos of one of my taillights and I'm good to go. Just need time now haha

You should only have to either plug into the trailer pigtail or splice directly into the trailer wiring harness. No need to splice into the tail lights or do you mean the backup lights?

Yup that's what I meant haha. Got my lights mixed up! Anyone have any pointers for splicing the trailer wiring? Like position on the bundle that would work best or should i just cut a few inches from the plug and do my thing

I cut the wires, connected the lightbar wires, used heat shrink wrap and electrical tape to seal the wires. Make sure you seal really good since you live in the snow/ salt belt.

ya, thats what i was gunna do anyways haha, I have a bunch of that wire protector stuff too. that black, plastic sleeve thing for the wire, i was gunna wrap it all in tape, then cover with that. Road salt in my county is terribad.

PLEASE seal the ends up! Thats a pet peeve of mine, almost every single light bar ive seen has numerous dead LEDs, or doesnt work like it should, etc. One of my neighbors went and bought one (Dont know what the store was), but he paid almost 120$ for it, it had all red LEDs for the parking lights/brakes; amber for the blinkers, and they were the "firing" type (Like sequential blinkers), and white for reverse lights. It was a nice looking, "sealed" etc but after a few bad storms and carwash or two, now half the LEDs dont work, and you'd swear it was wired backwards.

Cant wait to see it though! Screw work, go install it:D

Haha, i wish man, paying for college in 2 weeks, gotta work as much as i can and make my "loan Buffer" so i can start doing big kid stuff to my trac when im out of school :D haha.

What do ya'll recommend for sealing the ends again? I'll pick some up tonight on my break

I would use some silicon.

sounds easy enough :p i was gunna get similar size PVC End caps and cement them on haha

Hm, that would work too. Never thought of that...fill them with silicon and shove em on!

:D

I'd use black windshield sealant, don't worry about over doing it cause you can cut away the unwanted sealant once it dries.

Looks great man! I love mine. I think they are so cool

Back