For Sale - GROUP BUY - Synthetic winch line | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale GROUP BUY - Synthetic winch line

As some of you know, I recently retired from the Navy and have gained employment at a rope factory. Most of their business is in the large marine industrial, but they have also made winch lines for Warn and other companies. I have also recently found out that I can get it for an at cost price, which I am offering to all of you with zero markup. I am not looking for a profit, just trying to offer a good deal to all my EF peeps.

This will include the required rigging(splicing) of the line with a metal thimble, a hook, and a 10 foot chafe guard, just like the ones that you would buy from Master Pull, Rockstomper.com, or smittybilt. I have listed the specs below and comparable pricing. Other rigging options and lengths are also available upon request, such as winch extension lines with metal thimbles on each end. Obviously pricing will change, PM me with those and I will get you a price.

For 125 feet of 3/8 $210 plus shipping
-17,500lb tinsile strength (breaking is approx. 20,000lbs)
-Master Pull $571, Rockstomper $320,
-Smittybilt 21/64ths(25' shorter) $199, also not as strong.

For 125 feet of 7/16 $215 plus shipping
-21,00lb tinsile strength (breaking is approx. 27,000lbs)
-Master Pull $718, Rockstomper $359,
-Smittybilt 21/64ths(36' shorter) $239, also not as strong.

Obviously, for the price difference of $5 the 7/16 is the choice for the added strength. There is also a poll up for the color. Please don't vote unless you plan to purchase with the group buy. Obviously, to get it at cost we all have to get the same color, and blue is not an option, sorry.

PM me with any questions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats a good deal. I just bought a Masterpull line for a project and already have a Viking line for my Explorer. Still could use one for my other vehicle though.

Can you make a 3/8" x 85' and how much for that? 3/8" x 125' will not fit on very many winches, only the 10k+ and the 8274s.

Sounds like some good prices for those with winches!

How many people do you need to make this group buy possible?

Can you make a 3/8" x 85' and how much for that? 3/8" x 125' will not fit on very many winches, only the 10k+ and the 8274s.

I was trying to lead the group buy to the 7//16", but I am sure I can be persuaded if there is enough interest. As far as the 85 footer, yes I can get that, but why not just take that extra 40 feet and make yourself a winch extension line.

There really isn't a set number, but knowing the process, the more orders we have, the less waste material the company will have and that makes them happy.

Guess Ben will be depressed there is no Pink Option avail :D :p:

Sounds like some good prices for those with winches!

Just to be clear, this is synthetic winch LINE to replace the steel cable that usually comes with winches. This is NOT the winch itself. ;)

As far as the 85 footer, yes I can get that, but why not just take that extra 40 feet and make yourself a winch extension line.

good point :D Guess I would buy 2 extra thimbles and 2 extra splices and have you cut my rope and do the splicing.

Do you have pictures of the thimbles and hooks your company uses? There are tons of different kinds out there. Can they get the tube aka crushproof thimbles?

Thanks for this offer Kevin. I will keep following along to see what color is chosen and if there is enough interest then let you know for sure. I am very picky about my winch ropes including the color :shifty_ey

Sorry man, I didn't see the part about not voting unless buying.

I would like to go synth with my winch. It's a Smitty 8k, I have no idea what length synth I would need. I don't have the benji's for it right now, but I may be interested in the future.

I went with Red. To the top!

Just to be clear, this is synthetic winch LINE to replace the steel cable that usually comes with winches. This is NOT the winch itself. ;)

That's what I was referring too;)

I have the smittyy 8k also and have been looking at an upgrade for some time now but with these two choices I am not sure how well the smaller would work out.

I'd get some if it's orange. Though, with the 3/8 or 7/16, will all of that fit on a standard drum? Mile Marker winches that come with 3/8 cable usually only hold 100 feet.

So are we getting the winch line or not..?

Okay, sorry I have been busy lately. I am reluctant to go with the red cause it fades and turns pink (I hate pink) so we need to decide between the orange and yellow as they are tied. However, I think the black that fades to grey is a good choice also. It actually starts out grey. And I think the general consensus is the 3/8th's. Basically though, anybody who wants a winch line at the prices listed above need only PM me and I will see what I can do to get it done.

I sent you a PM on here

Back