GT Hood Scoop is Now On! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GT Hood Scoop is Now On!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Matt, looks like its time for yet another avatar. You're gonna be needing one of those weekly ! Looks great.:D

tell Rick to change it or you'll kick his @ss, thats what i do. :D

BTW- i like this pic best....
DSC01954.jpg

The truck was dirty and it was starting to rain. So I will take some more this weekend per the weather. I also have to take my dash apart for Guage replacment some time soon. Thanks for the compliments guys!

Looks sweet Matt, what next on the agenda?

Matt: Outstanding job as always! Looks perfect!

Matt looks great, as it always does!!! :D

DSC01951.jpg

I think this one looks the best, I love how the grill lines up with the scoop, it looks like it was made for it.... :D A job well done!!

i posted a smartass comment and didnt even compliment you on the scoop. :D

i think thats the best looking scoop ever as far as newer Sports are concerned. it fits perfectly with the body lines, and doesnt look like an "add-on" at all. looks like its supposed to be there. :thumbsup:

Really nice Matt...Looks great like I said before hottest X I've seen, Until I look out my window and see mine (LoL)
Oh by the way Thanx for your help. You the Man!!

Matt looks great. I can get the same scoop also but would it look and fit good on a 98???????

I dont think it will fit on a 98. A member on here has one on his 2nd gen hood and said he had to modify it. His name is timsstandstill or something like that.

Well, the 3M tape didn't last! I was driving down the highway and :eek: It was like 1 1/2" off the hood in the front. So I slowed down and decided that I would have to bolt it down. So when I got home I went to the hardware store and bought some stainless nuts and 2" fender washers. Then a little masking tape to mark holes and 5 holes later it is bolted down. I used the 3m tape under to keep it sealed up and then siliconed the holes a lot. and tightend it down. It does fit perfect and is not going anywhere now.

I guess it picks up quite a bit of wind resistance.

Yea, you gotta think at 80-100 mph that pretty intense presure. And the front is a closed C shape that just grabs air. So up it went. Luckly it did not fly off.

Looks amazing. :cool: Like everybody else has said, the lines match up perfectly. Glad to hear you didn't lose it on the highway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by X-factor
With the combination of heat and rain the adheasive will go overtime. Especially this scoop where in some areas aren't completely flush with your hood. I would try to bold it in place

Originally posted by Black Magic
Well, the 3M tape didn't last! I was driving down the highway and :eek: It was like 1 1/2" off the hood in the front.

Well, BM, I hate to say it but... I told you so.;)

Back