GT Hood Scoop is Now On! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GT Hood Scoop is Now On!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Weird, they are actually put on the GTs with 3M tape, I don't think they are bolted down.

No it came with like 7 bolts on it already. Just no nuts, they were missing. I had to go and buy new nuts and only used 5 of the bolts two in the front, two on the side 3/4 way back and one in the middle of the back. So they are bolted down on the GT's

Damn! I was hoping the tape would peel and you would leave the scoop off. I thought the "clean" hood was a much nicer look.

But if you like it (which is all that matters), I think the bolting it down is a great way to do it in the long run! There is something about an object catching air on a hood, that is held down with double-stick tape, that just doesn't seem right to me.

Nice Job!

Hartman, on the GT's the scoop bolts down. i helped my buddy put one on his 99, which is the same hood as the new ones it just doesnt have the scoop.

Matt. it looks awesome! The air dam will compliment the hood scoop very nicely.

Originally posted by 99exEB1
Matt looks great
<snip>
Hmmm....... I hope you meant to have a comma after Matt.

Anyways, the scoop looks really good and like everyone else said, it looks like it came that way from the factory.

Matt I have a question about your hood scoop,A buddy of mine works for ford and we were both wondering.
The front part of the scoop has a grill correct? It is designed to fit the hoods of the GT's. Did you have to cut the front grill at all to fit onto the hood of your truck?
We were looking at a hood scoop at the ford dealer ship and the front part with the grill looks alittle high to fit right on the truck.

Yes, I had to cut it to accomidate my hood. I just marked it with a compass. Then cut it with a dreimel. You have to match the curve of the top of the hood.

Matt on your hood scoop what did you do with, For lack of better words the "****" There's one in front and one in the rear. Did you cut them off? Also how many of the bolts did you use to hold it on the hood? It comes with like 6. There silver in color and there clamped on the hood scoop. Was wondering if you could help out. My girlfriend just bought it for me as an early Birthday present and I really want to put in on.

I cut the **** off, used a Dremmel (sp?). As for the bolts I used 5...

underscoop.jpg

underscoop2.jpg

underscoop3.jpg

Let me know what else I can help with.

Along the same lines... yet different

I have to admit the scoop looks sharp, kinda reminds me of the new 4runners hood scoops. Your creativity has made me begin to wonder. Would it be possible on the new 4.6L Ex's to put the new "Shaker" system on the engine and fabricate a hood to accomidate it. I think that might be kinda cool and very unique. Just my 2cents.

P.S. Finally after two years of surfing this site I finally hit 100 POSTS!!! What an accomplishment.

Thanks alot Matt !!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:D Hey that's cool with me...LoL

Back