Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Guess what I did!

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by LuvMySportTrac04, June 28, 2014.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. LuvMySportTrac04

LuvMySportTrac04 New Member

City, State:
    Georgia
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    04 Explorer Sport Trac
    So I've been wanting to get rid of the nasty gray cladding and bumpers and I finally did! It looks so much better now! The body needs to be repainted because of scratches but you can only tell up close though. Still a work in progress for how I want it to look but I'm a lot happier now with the black cause the gray was just a hot mess. Now for pictures!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for looking!:wavey:

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. JuBean

JuBean Active Member

City, State:
    Roxborough CO
    2002 Sport Trac
    Very nice! Now go get it dirty or armor all the tires:D

4. LuvMySportTrac04

City, State:
    Georgia
    04 Explorer Sport Trac
    Don't worry I'll get it dirty in a few days! The paint said fully chip resistant in 7 days so I'm trying to wait til then so I don't have to do any more touchups on it.

5. Jdsporttrac

Jdsporttrac New Member

What kind of paint did u use??? I am looking to do the same thing and also paint my cap too

6. LuvMySportTrac04

City, State:
    Georgia
    04 Explorer Sport Trac
    I used the Krylon Fusion for plastics. I went with satin black instead of the gloss because I didn't want it to be super shiny. Someone asked me if it will wash off when I wash the truck. I told them it wouldn't but then I got to thinking and got worried it would. I figure the more you wash it and expose it to the water and soap the weaker the paint will get. I washed the whole truck before painting for, I think, the first time all year,maybe the second time. The paint won't wash off right?

7. daChurchPcGuy

daChurchPcGuy Member

City, State:
    Longmeadow, MA
    2005 Explorer Sport Trac
    I haven't had great luck with Krylon Fusion paint or even Rustoleum's paint for plastic. It looks great until it starts coming off. The better choice is to use Dupli-Color Adhesion Promoter and then paint.