Hankook or Pirelli? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hankook or Pirelli?

well im going to be getting my 22's soon, so im looking at 2 choices of tire (since i could get them "inspected" mounted and balanced with a free set of lugs off the net)

and my choices are Hankook Ventus Sport K or Pirelli Scorpion Zeros price difference is like $195, the guy said he would hook me up good on the package which he is...

i was leaning toward the Pirelli's because i heard Hankooks arnt good (plus i got some right now and they suck for traction)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Saleen_SR71 said:
i heard Hankooks arnt good (plus i got some right now and they suck for traction)
Well, there's your answer. :)

I had Hankook Ventus on my 20s and they were great for the price. What size 22 inch tires are they?

265/35... i remember somone saying that is the only size that i could go without rubbing so thats what i went with, plus thats what the guy recomended over the phone

well im going to be getting my 22's soon, so im looking at 2 choices of tire (since i could get them "inspected" mounted and balanced with a free set of lugs off the net)

and my choices are Hankook Ventus Sport K or Pirelli Scorpion Zeros price difference is like $195, the guy said he would hook me up good on the package which he is...

i was leaning toward the Pirelli's because i heard Hankooks arnt good (plus i got some right now and they suck for traction)

My 2014 Explorer Limited came with Hankooks, and I left them on for economy's sake but have never been happy with them. They deflate more than they should, have had to be repaired several times, and do not give a good feel for the road; as you say, they "suck for traction." I finally had them replaced with Pirelli Scorpions, which give much better feel for the road, with improved traction so far as I can tell. In fairness, I got 50,000 miles out of the Hankooks but would not advise anyone to push them that far.... In future, when I get my next Explorer, I will try to avoid Hankooks entirely or replace them ASAP if they come standard....

I see your in California.
Have you thought about a true summer tire?
Have a look at Pirelli Scorpion Verde. I'm thinking of trying these out in spring.

I have winter tires, so these look like an awesome summer tire as long as you 99% pavement.

I see your in California.
Have you thought about a true summer tire?
Have a look at Pirelli Scorpion Verde. I'm thinking of trying these out in spring.

I have winter tires, so these look like an awesome summer tire as long as you 99% pavement.

Yes, to be exact, Pirelli Scorpion Verde is what I am driving now, as they are described as an all season tire, and since I live in Delaware now, there is not much real winter weather, not enough to put snow tires on. Anyway, I am closer to %100 pavement....

Back