HappyGilmore's newly lifted X | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HappyGilmore's newly lifted X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

wow i just saw that you did the bumper too, looks good. I tried to send you a private message but your inbox is full and you cant recieve any more so clear it out

hahaha alright guys im working on it. i got a full time job and im a full time student so ill get them up asap.

oh yeha almost forgot. bought the fenders. they are goign on this weekend. after i go to a race in Barstow/Stoddard on sat. any tips?

Take your time, and drill the wholes a little bigger on the top of the fender so you can "adjust" them easier. You're going to need a file to make the door line look good too. What kind did you get anyway?

yeha i read some threads here on installing the glass. i got glassworks unlimited glass. probably down the street from you haha. the shape looks nice. cant wait to mock em up and paint em and install em.

That is right down the street from me. He lives in my mom's neighborhood too. I have bought 4 pairs of different glass from him for my trucks. Does Tim make his own now, or is he still getting them from someone else? When I got them in '99 from him, he actually didn't make them. He got them from Perry's.

FROADER said:
That is right down the street from me. He lives in my mom's neighborhood too. I have bought 4 pairs of different glass from him for my trucks. Does Tim make his own now, or is he still getting them from someone else? When I got them in '99 from him, he actually didn't make them. He got them from Perry's.
not sure i do believe he makes his own though. had papers inside saying how theirs were better made than others and junk. also the box was all dusty with fiberglass and stuff adn there was a buisness card glassed in the back of it so i do belive he makes his own.

he did recommend perrys for my rear glass though.

wow that front end looks amazing, looks a lot better with fenders too. rear end looks like it doesnt even droop but other than that the truck looks incredable. BTW where did you go for those shots?

BigDave!!! said:
wow that front end looks amazing, looks a lot better with fenders too. rear end looks like it doesnt even droop but other than that the truck looks incredable. BTW where did you go for those shots?
rear end has no droop haha. shocks are drooped out at ride height. saving for hoops and 16 in shocks. thanks for the compliments. i went to Hodge Road off the 15 by the outlet center. im going next weekend again with some friends if you want to come.

thats pretty funny, so your gonna go with that shock hoop thru the floorboards i take it. it will be unstoppable then! if i get my front shocks back in time im there for sure. im dropping them off today or tomorow to get them revalved. how far up the 15 is it from SD?

BigDave!!! said:
thats pretty funny, so your gonna go with that shock hoop thru the floorboards i take it. it will be unstoppable then! if i get my front shocks back in time im there for sure. im dropping them off today or tomorow to get them revalved. how far up the 15 is it from SD?
thanks froader!!

big dave- yeah im goign thru the floor boards. might as well do it right the first time, yea know? cuz if i just put a shock under there now, ill probably wanna go bigger later. i hope you can make it this weekend, tell the revalving shop to hurry!! my friend has a class 5 race buggy and a prerunner buggy that he is taking out there and im bringing my truck. it is about 145 miles from SD to victorville which is like 10 miles past hodge road (4rm ur direction). so figure about 130 miles. we are only goign for the day so decide if the drive is worth it to you. it would be cool to run around with another Xploder! let me know.

see ya

edit: oops forgot to post the link to a map http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=victorville&2s=ca&2z=
i hope i dont screw up my freshly painted glass this weekend!!haha

ok great i hope king gets em out in time i would love to go, i scratched the hell outta my glass plowing through bushes and **** but i used this "mothers" wax type stuff and you cant even tell there were any scratches now so i would just pick up a can of that stuff,

anyway ill let you know a little later this week whats goin on, should be dropping off the shocks tomorrow

Back