HappyGilmore's newly lifted X | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HappyGilmore's newly lifted X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

yeha so i gotta go get a new one from the junk yard. theyre like 130 bucks new :rolleyes: (the IAC valve.) no pics cuz my dad wanted the camera for the weekend...its his camera. :thumbdwn:

man my explorer is getting outta hand real quick haha......... ;)

Woah. IAC? I paid about $60 new from Advance if I remember correctly.

^^yeah i thought the same and i have replaced two IAC's in 2 different fords.

colin- ive seen that pic but never knew it was yours! That is so funny

hmmm well maybe im thinking of a diff part that costs that much. but any way i think i can get a junk yard one for cheaper so well see how that goes.....

oh yeah and im installing my 4.88s tomorrow. FINALLY!!!

went and got a IAC for 5 bucks at the part yard.....took all my i beams and raduis arms off to paint them......found that my engine cage is busted, so i took that off....found out my master brake cylinder went out......prepped the rear axle for the gear install tomorrow.

thats what happened with me today. truck is basically frame rails and a body right now, no suspension haha. tomorrow im painting the front suspension and installing the gears. next weekend im gettign the engine cage fixed. sometime this weeek ill probably do the master cylinder.

thats the latest.

Damn dude that thing's gettin built quick! Looks great. Reminds me a lot of mine cept mine is 4x...any front end view shots with the glass on?

I'm pissed you guys are going to the desert haha, I would be so down if I still lived there :confused:

Josh S. said:
Damn dude that thing's gettin built quick! Looks great. Reminds me a lot of mine cept mine is 4x...any front end view shots with the glass on?

I'm pissed you guys are going to the desert haha, I would be so down if I still lived there :confused:
489039_53_full.jpg

HappyGilmore said:
thanks i cant figure out the IMG/ IMG code junk to post
Trent, get the picture you want in it's own window so the title in this case says http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/489000-489999/489039_53_full.jpg. Copy that and put it between the tags like this without any spaces.
[b][img] [url]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/489000-489999/489039_53_full.jpg[/url] [/b]

thanks colin. i tried that that time but myabe i was copying the page link or something.

dave...i got hella 4000 euro beams. :thumbsup: i could only fit 2 on my bumper, but i wrecked the bumper last trip anyway so im gonna have a new one built and have 3 on there with one pencil and then my 2 euros. :cool:

i got my suspension back on 2nite after work all painted up. :thumbsup: its gun metal metallic grey. looks better than rust. gotta still get that hoop welded up that broke. :mad: i think im gettin it doen tomorrow. still playing the guessing game with the pinion depth on my gears, since my friend installing them has every guage to intall gears but that one. hes making trips to his work each day to press the bearing on and off and put different shims in it. i thnk we will be right on tomorrow. :thumbsup:

still gotta replace my master cylinder..... :rolleyes:

its all coeming together again ;)

ok so i pulled off the master cylinder and i figured out the shock hoop had hit the master cylinder breaking the stud on the brake booster. :thumbdwn: this flexign was due to the broken shock hoop. :thumbdwn: nw i gotta replace both. my 40 dollar repair turned into a 130 dollar one :thumbdwn:

:fire:

damn you destroyed that thing! but your gonna love those 4000s especially with the pencil, the pencil goes soooooo far, turns night into day

ok so i finally got my truck all fixed up, had to get a custom line made that has a banjo fitting with steel braid to the hard line. onnly way it would clear the shock.

so that was fri night...monday morning (today) i go out to start my truck and nothing. DAMMIT!!!!!!! i was mad. i was late for school and all that good stuff. so after school i chekced the battery. no water. i filled it and jumped it. nothing. went to the store and got a optima red top and ....viola! it started. so far im happy with it. the volt meter is up there now. good stuff. hopefully my truck will quit acting up now haha.

well at least you got it working. hey we need to make an ocotillo trip, i should be getting my shock back sometime either this week or next week and then my truck will be ready to go again. just PM me or something whenever you want to make a trip and most likely ill be able to go, my school schedule is pretty good this semester. i want to get a few more trips in before it gets too hot too!!!

HappyGilmore said:
yo im going to Dumont dunes the 10th and to Oco on Pres day weekend......will u be at oco dave?
i think im working pres weekend but i might have to go out for just a day run, ill def. let you know soon though

489039_55_full.jpg
Here you go

Back