HappyGilmore's newly lifted X | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HappyGilmore's newly lifted X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that sounds like a croc of **** to me....honestly if hes going to not stand behind his work, take your money somewhere else. You may pay more, but they will at least back up their work and not charge you for something that shouldnt havent broken in the first place.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

1500 seems like a lot but i guess if he is legit you are getting the 1500 cage for 1300+some really fun looking body work!

although i would get a quote from another shop too

well you said you had a buddy at the shop you got yours done at. you got it done at Richer Racing correct? is it possible you could get me a quote for a cage on my explorer? where are they located? if your buddy stands behind his work i would rather pay the 700 to him to get it redone. thanks.

consider it done, ill give him a call tomorrow. Jonny, the owner of richer racing is really cool and definately does some good work. his shop price is $50 an hour but the quality and customer serivce is worth every penny. everytime i had any problem with my truck he backed me 110% and fixed everything promptly. his shop is in oceanside which is about 20 miles north of san diego

no problem man, he is more like a friend than my "fab guy" so im in touch with him pretty regularly, ill give you a call or PM you tomorrow when i get a quote from him

Trent, how many places did those hoops tie into the cage on each side? only 2 per side? for coilover hoos, it should be a min of 3. those things are holding up the whole truck. my cage will tie into the frame at 4 points on each side when i get my LT kit installed. 2 will be wide and then 2 on the inside part of the frame behind the shocks. all welded and gusseted to a plate that is welded to a frame. my current hoops now are just welded straight to the frame, which is fine because its not carrying the wieght of the truck since i still have torsion bars. i havnt seen any other pics of your hoops besides the broken ones, but those just were poorly built.

taknitezX2 said:
Trent, how many places did those hoops tie into the cage on each side? only 2 per side? for coilover hoos, it should be a min of 3. those things are holding up the whole truck. my cage will tie into the frame at 4 points on each side when i get my LT kit installed. 2 will be wide and then 2 on the inside part of the frame behind the shocks. all welded and gusseted to a plate that is welded to a frame. my current hoops now are just welded straight to the frame, which is fine because its not carrying the wieght of the truck since i still have torsion bars. i havnt seen any other pics of your hoops besides the broken ones, but those just were poorly built.
i agree it was poorly built. the thing flexed all over the place. the hoops were connected to 2 places on the frame on each side. then the c/o mounted on the top of the hoop with a cross member going across from that point. the cage definately looked weak. i am now going to get one professionally built from a repuatble shop that stands behind thier work if my other guy from Newline wont stand behind his work or build a bad ass one for cheap.

no idea. is Newline in Aneheim......they make good ****. keep this conflict of interest thing on the DL if u know the boss. dont wanna get any one in trouble......

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i wrote my guy a letter telling him id rather pay a shop that stands behind their work to do it. he said i am free to look around at other shops but he is sure that they will charge me 1500 bucks to do a cage that is not as detailed as what he is going to do. he said my cage will be *****en and he wants to build my cage very detailed. and also that he does stand behind his work its just that his cage was acting as the bump stop and there is no way any cage can take that. he will stand behind this one if i put bumps on it.

tell him to sketch out the cage that he wants to build and get the details of it. Also, dont be afraid to post up on like DR about needing a cage build. tell them what u need and expect.

hey trent, just tried to PM you but your box is full.

i fixed the number that i messed up, haha. anyway let me know when you get the cage done and post up some pics, should be gonig to the desert this weekend or next. whenever i get my new limit straps but ill PM you when i figure out a date and hopefully your truck will be done

Back