has anyone figured out the window problem>?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

has anyone figured out the window problem>??

G

gensic11

has anyone figured out why in the COLD weather their windows take forever to go like 8 inches then after that they go down fine? and on the way up there is NO problem whatsoever??

My window will sometimes go so slow it will stop in the first 5 inches downward from the top.. but once it gets halfway down it works like a charm..... has anyone had this problem and fixed it??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same problem, Have you resolved it?

Thanks,
Tonedog

I'm sure that an adjustment and lubrication of the window runs will help your problem.

how exactly do you do that?

Thanks
Tonedog

Start by removing the trim panel and weather-sheet. Sometimes all you have to do is put some dilectric grease into the channel in the glass run and cycle the window up and down a few times. On the bottom of each glass run there is also a 7/16 bolt that attaches the run to the door. Back them off slightly, lower the glass all the way down and tighten them up again.

Back