Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Has anyone used or have MAC exhaust or MAC intake on the V8?

Discussion in 'Modified Explorations!!' started by WannaXP8, September 25, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. WannaXP8

WannaXP8 Active Member

City, State:
      St. Louis MO
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1998 Explorer
      MAC has a cat back 3 inch exhaust system for my explorer, and a Full air intake, I was wondering if anyone has used any of these products, what does the exhaust sound like, does it gain any performance, what about the air intake, does it gain any performance, does it have the cool sucking sound when you are on the gas??

Chris

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jssong

jssong Well-Known Member

City, State:
      i have the mac intake, just got it last week, but havent had time to install it.. lowdpypes had the intake installed untill he got his supecharger. i think a couple other people have the mac intake, but not the exhaust.. most people here have custom exhaust setups with flows or gibsons.

4. SaleenEXP

SaleenEXP Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Boca Raton, Fl.
      Mountaineer
      Do a search for 2002's, like "2002 Mac Exhaust" or something like that.I can't remember his name, but they have a 2002 Explorer with the Mac Intake and Mac Exhaust, I think it was a 2002 Limited.

The intake will give you that mean air-sucking sound, for exhaust there are a lot of choices.
      I would say:
      Magnaflow - I really recomend for the exotic sound compared to other mufflers, they sound mean on V8's.
      Flowmaster - if you want loud
      Borla - I'm not crazy about the sound but thats IMO, plus their expensive.
      Gibson - if you want a quiet rumble
      CGS - they make a mean sounding muffler

If Alec reads this he's going to recomend Magnaflow
      also;)

I haven't heard a Mac exhaust on an Explorer, but they sound pretty good on Mustangs except that they are known to rust out very quickly, my friend had Mac's on his GT and they rusted out after a year.

5. WannaXP8

WannaXP8 Active Member

City, State:
      St. Louis MO
      1998 Explorer
      Does magnaflow have a full bolt on kit for the explorer?? what kinda sound does it have, it is loud,quiet? What inch diameter is the pipe if they do have a bolt on kit? Cause I believe the MAC is 3 inch with a 3 1/2 inch rolled tip on it for 239.95.

6. SaleenEXP

SaleenEXP Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Boca Raton, Fl.
      Mountaineer
      They have a full-bolt on cat-back but it's for the sohc, you can see here: http://www.magnaflow.com/03cat-ford.htm

If your going for just a singe exit, your better off getting just the muffler and having a shop custom bend the pipes for you, some people say 2.5 some say 3.0, but for a single exit on the 5.0 I would say 3" is good.

If I were you, I would buy 2 Magnaflow mufflers and have them build a true duals, some guys have done this on their 5.0's with Flowmaster mufflers, search for a guy who goes by "RTstork" or something like that, he has true duals.

Magnaflows are only a little quieter than the Flows, but they have a really mean/exotic sound to them.