1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Have You Seen This Car For Sell Somewhere?

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by BBQ_HotDogs, December 18, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. BBQ_HotDogs

BBQ_HotDogs A Man Without Wheels

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
      Just like the title says, I am looking for a Honda Civic Hatchback. Have you seen one like it in real good shape for sell somewhere? I need to get something quick until I get a settlement on my upside down Explorer and this car gets great gas mileage and can get me around doing my erronds. Also someone was bragging about theres and I want to see if I can get one just like his only better, LOL. I don't know the exact year, but I think it like a 96 - 98 model.

[​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. rfuree11

rfuree11 Official Bikini Inspector

City, State:
      Boston
      07 WRX Limited
      just FYI, that looks like a late 80's/early 90's model. Autotrader and ebay sould have a bunch of em

4. Robb

Robb Explorer Addict

'88-'91

Excellent Cars!! I had one for about 6 years.

In '92, they changed bodies, and the hatchbacks were BFU IMHO.

5. Lee S.

Lee S. Active Member

City, State:
      Northport, NY
      '98 XLT
      Ronnie:

This is from the forum dictionary:

Rice Rocket = car with lots of stickers and coffee can muffler. Most likley a honda. Can be seen with large amounts of stickers, bad paint, cut springs, a spoiler taller then Shaq, large wheels and overall bad taste.

Rice Boy = driver of above vehicle. A poser who thinks that leaning all the way back in his drivers seat makes him go faster.

Now I see from the pic that it's a Honda with large wheels but I don't think it 100% qualifies without the stickers, bad paint, cut springs and taller than Shaq spoiler....lol. Just making sure you're not contemplating a move to the dark side. Are you?

Lee

6. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Nor*Cal
      2001, F150, XLT 4x4
      in the years you are looking for they generally looked like this:[​IMG] thats a 2 door coupe with a sohc vtec 1.6l (well, actually thats a pic of my 1:28 scale r/c car)

7. Jefe

Jefe Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Clarksville, TN
      '00 XLT 4x4
      Hmm. . first off the body kit needs to be primer grey, and second, it needs some stickers :p

8. Charlie's_93EB

Charlie's_93EB Cat 3 Hurricane Rated

City, State:
      Venice florida
      1993 Eddie Bauer
      it is a 89-91 that model looks to be a DX, DX means rear wiper and right hand side mirror, uuuuuhhhh aaaaaaaaahhhhh

i have a 91 with the big 1.5 litter :D it gets 40-42 city, 38 highway only breaks 100mph with a 1/4 tank and a stiff tail wind.

its at 105,000 miles with the only problem being CV started clicking took day and a half for the first side and 15 mins to do the second.

sorry about your truck but if you find a good, clean, cheap honda jump on it.
      good luck

9. Critical_Level2

Critical_Level2 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Ridley Park, PA
      1999 XLS R.I.P.
      My friend just got rid of his 90 dx hatchback, the damn thing had 215k miles and still ran like a champ. Just find one that was always had the maintainence done on time, then it should be nice and reliable, remember "hondas don't break in till 100k miles".

10. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Nor*Cal
      2001, F150, XLT 4x4
      i need to put the wing on it too... its a 1/28 scale r/c car, if i put too many stickers on it, it will weigh more... and it will weigh more with the primer body kit painted also..... its already heavy enough, it has 6 aaa ni-mh batteries in it

11. BBQ_HotDogs

BBQ_HotDogs A Man Without Wheels

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
      I'm not going to the dark side for sure. I need something cheap and reliable right now while I make a decision on my next move. I guess I should sell all of my XMODS and have more money for a car. I have 2 XMODS that if I could get better traction on the rear tires would probably do wheelies, LOL. I am still fighting with the insurance company over my Explorer right now. Nothing is happening to it, she is locked up in my garage nice and safe.

But if anyone sees a car like this somewhere and it is real clean and for sell, can you give me a toot please? I need something to put around in to the golf course.