Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Hazy exhaust at full throttle

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by JohnBoyToo, June 12, 2017.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. JohnBoyToo

JohnBoyToo Active Member

City, State:
    DFW, TexUS
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    13 Sport, 13 F350 6.7CCSB
    Haven't had a hiccup out of the wife's 13 Explorer Sport with 90k miles,
    but today she said she saw black smoke coming out the back when she got on the interstate...

a few questions to decipher what she meant and it turns out she MAY have floored it while 'going slow'
    I started to ask what that meant and she said just fix it :) :)

So I took it out this afternoon and it looks like it's a haze when at low rpm and full throttle... maybe over fueling or not getting enough air floor...

before I go any further (because it's running fine otherwise) any of you run into that ? Probably time to change air filter and get a tuneup.... but thought I'd ask you smart fellas !

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.