1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

HD Polish Review

Discussion in 'Body Work & Detailing' started by therover1991, September 16, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. therover1991

therover1991 Active Member

City, State:
    Queens, New York
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    02 XLT
    Well I really love detailing my truck and trying new products. So heres a quick review of a new polish I had a chance to try for anyone interested in reading.

Well I received a bottle of HD Polish from the review a product promo. I had been eyeing HD polish for a while and then the promo was launched so I figured why not. I recently washed my explorer which my brother now uses out at school, so it hasnt been washed in about a month or so. There were some light swirls, perhaps from the last time I washed not really sure, on the hood of the car. The paint was corrected fully in April of this year so a correction was not in order but I figured it was a good time to try out HD polish on these swirls.

I used my Meguiars G110V2, white LC flat pad, and about 8 pea size drops of HD polish on a fresh pad. First thoughts were that the polish smells really nice, cant say that about too many other polishes I own. I worked about a 2'x2' section on the hood and used speed 5 with medium pressure and moderate arm speed. I did about 4 section passes and inspected results. The swirls were gone, and the finish was slick and had nice reflections to it. I was very impressed with HD polish, I used it in direct sunlight on the hood of the car and it barely dusted, didn't dry up or get tacky like some other polishes might in direct sunlight. It also removed the swirls rather effortlessly which impressed me and the finish it left behind was very good.

I also have my moms black Ford Freestyle which needs some polish so next I will try it out on her car, swirls are a bit heavier than they were on this. Compared to Megs 205 I would say HD polish may be my new go to polish. I just liked the way it worked better, wiped off with ease and was just a pleasure to work with. I also find that Megs 205 while a great polish does have a tendency to cover up some swirls rather than remove them, which I did not find to be the case with HD polish. I really am looking forward to trying it on my moms black car once I have the time, Ill post back with the results from that car when I get around to doing it.

Befores
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Afters
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, only camera I have. But I think they get the point across. Anyway thanks to 3D/HD for a great chance to try their prodcuts and also thanks for looking!

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. DjDom

DjDom Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Toronto, Ontario
    97 XL(imited)
    Where'd you get the HD Polish?

4. therover1991

therover1991 Active Member

City, State:
    Queens, New York
    02 XLT
    few places sell it. 3d products website has it, autoality also carries it.

5. DjDom

DjDom Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Toronto, Ontario
    97 XL(imited)
    Should've been more specific. Where do you get it in Canada? :D

6. 1996BLKBauer

1996BLKBauer Well-Known Member

City, State:
    McHenry, IL
    1996 Eddie Bauer AWD V8
    It for sure did a good job of getting rid of those swirl marks. The iPhone picture show it pretty good.