1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

HD Radio Question - 2011 Explorer

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by Tampa01, August 4, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Tampa01

Tampa01 New Member

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2013 Explorer
    For one particular HD channel, the band name and the name of the song that is displayed on the MFT screen have not changed for several days (even though the band / song have obviously changed). When I switch to other HD channels the band name & song name update on the MFT screen as soon as one song ends and the next song starts. But if I go back to that one particular HD channel I still see the artist and song name from four days ago.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jrmexplorer

jrmexplorer Well-Known Member

2011 Limited
    I believe the issue is with the radio station. The radio station has to send out that information with the broadcast. Only one station (that I have checked) here in the twin cities is on top of sending that info out(Cities 97.1) and the rest are either lazy (e.g. the stuff is out of date or not updating) or not at all.

Since other stations are working (for both of us) - I'm going to say it's the radio station's fault.

you could always call the station if it bothers you.

4. JDJones

JDJones Member

City, State:
    Houston
    2011 Silver Limited
    I think JRM is correct. We have a number of HD stations in the city and some update the information in real time and works very well. Others, slow to update, sometimes just have generic information.
    One note, when the radio is switching in and out of HD, I sometimes find it leaves the old data up, which might be some type of cache or feature during signal loss. When the radio switches completely out of HD mode, the data goes away.

5. Tampa01

Tampa01 New Member

City, State:
    Tampa, FL
    2013 Explorer
    Makes sense to me. Thanks for the info.