Headers on eBay | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headers on eBay

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, the FRPP headers are 1 5/8 "primaries". Unfortunately, they follow similar routing to the stockers. They are definitely an improvement over stock, but nothing to write home about. It is good to see FRPP brought them back though, it gives people an option over the TorqueMonsters.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have one. You're ghey.

Ford Racing Valve Covers...

section525 said:
Hmmm.. wonder if those valve covers will work with my headers... :D :confused:

Section, The chromed aluminum Ford Racing Valve Covers do fit with the Torque Monster Headers you have. We purchased a set (M-6852-R302) to put on our shop engine. However you will need the 1" spacer (M-9486-A53) for the GT40 intake to clear the valve covers.

Bob Pasquale
Tech Performance & Engineering
Torque Monster Headers :cool:

i'm buying one of the two sets in the next ten days. Tell me why its worth it to get the more expensive ones. I will be running a custom (torquey) cam, a 100 shot, a ton of bolt-ons (including ignition and much more fuel over stock) and eventually adding a sc in the next few months. btw- my explorer will now weight at least 6500 with the other junk inside of it.

rcpasq said:
Section, The chromed aluminum Ford Racing Valve Covers do fit with the Torque Monster Headers you have. We purchased a set (M-6852-R302) to put on our shop engine. However you will need the 1" spacer (M-9486-A53) for the GT40 intake to clear the valve covers.

Bob Pasquale
Torque Monster Headers :cool:

Are these taller than factory covers?

[/threadsteal]

expo5.0 said:
i'm buying one of the two sets in the next ten days. Tell me why its worth it to get the more expensive ones. I will be running a custom (torquey) cam, a 100 shot, a ton of bolt-ons (including ignition and much more fuel over stock) and eventually adding a sc in the next few months. btw- my explorer will now weight at least 6500 with the other junk inside of it.

I got my FMS headers today, but wish I would have saved up for the TorqueMonster ones. The FMS ones look like **** compared to the TM's, but were $220 cheaper. Section did a dyno and got 7-8 more HP off the TM than the FMS ones. I'm gonna go ahead and put them on though, and whenever I do a head swap whens it's paid off, get custom 1 3/4" one made. If your going for looks under the hood, def. get the TMs.

6500 lbs :eek: , damn. how much did yours weigh stock?

Pic:

Attachments

• heaber.jpg
    heaber.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 355

What a difference...

Gentlemen,

The FMS Headers are an improvement over the stock manifolds. And if you're looking for middle-of-the-road performance, they will work fine. And, the FMS Headers do have 1.625" primaries. However, they forget to tell you, you only get 2 primary tubes instead of the expected 4, one per port, yes?

But, when you're looking for peek performance, you may want to consider Torque Monster Headers.

This extra information about Torque Monster Headers should help explain the difference in both performance and why the price:

From our baseline test, we increased the torque by 35 ft. lbs. and hp by 20 over stock and moved the peak torque curve down 200 rpm. Stock, peak torque was around 2,400 rpm and with our headers installed, it was around 2,200 rpm.

Our headers are designed for torque on a truck motor, but will also handle more power because of the added technologies not usually engineered into other manufacturers headers. Our headers fire in clockwise circular order into the collector causing a pulling or scavenging effect. We also use modified merge collector technology to prevent premature exhaust expansion inside the collector which allows the exhaust from each tube to be fed into the exhaust pipe before fully expanding. These technologies help promote faster exhaust exit speed and helps produce more hp and torque at all rpm ranges. You will have great torque at the bottom end and power left at the top end. All this happens with 1.5" primary tubes.

This is an email we received from a gentleman in Texas about Torque Monster Headers.

12-26-04
Bob did an excellent job in packaging the product & excelled in customer service.# My explorer did not come w/the same emission control plumbing (hot air intake riser “EGR”)#as the California ones do, but he quickly sent me a header without the plumbing.
I've got a cold air intake, Jet chip, 75mm MAF, MSD coil packs, JBA 9mm wires#and Flowmaster 50 series 3" exhaust.# All of those changes, plus...
The Torque Monster headers give me plenty of low-end power, plus there's still quite a bit of power left at close to redline.
They also give a nice mellow sound at idle and a pretty throaty sound at full chat. If you like those boy racer sounds (and I, for one, do!) then you'll
enjoy the headers.
Also, the headers are nicely designed and definitely liven up the engine compartment a bit with the ceramic coating.
Nice job, Bob and thanks! James

These headers come with just about everything. There is installation instructions on Video Compact Disk (VCD) and written instructions. They have all the required hardware such as bolts, nuts, gaskets and even a small bottle of Permatex thread-locker fluid. All you need is tools. It usually takes me about 5-6 hours to install a set of these headers. A gentleman in Oklahoma claims he installed them in 3.5 hours.

All the Best,

Bob Pasquale
Torque Monster Headers
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :burnout:

Attachments

• DSC00405.JPG
    DSC00405.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 348
  • DSC00404.JPG
    DSC00404.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 355

Bought the copper gasket and stage 8 bolts this Sunday, but am I going to have to buy new collector gaskets too? If so, what size?

nope. When you do the install watch were you put the dipstick. Mine is totally fubared and no longer reads right.

Back