Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

headlight

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by tgabe1988, September 22, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. tgabe1988

tgabe1988 New Member

City, State:
    Oregon City, Oregon
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1994 XLT Exploder
    my right headlight is acting wild! I turn on the switch the left headlight will come on but the right headlight wont come on however! If I go outside and like hit the thing it will come on? Wiring, bad bulb? what do you think?

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. mikeinri

mikeinri Well-Known Member

04 Explorer, 94 XLT (RIP)
    Replace the bulb. While you have it out, check the connector for corrosion. If it isn't one of those two things, start looking at the wiring with a voltmeter.

Mike

4. dpas

dpas New Member

City, State:
    Salt Lake
    91 EB & 93 XLT
    tgabe1988
    Having the exact same headlight issue with my 91EB. Left headlight comes on fine. Right headlight only comes on if you give it a good whack. Going to take a look to see what's going on this weekend.

5. Currency

Currency Active Member

City, State:
    Bedford Indiana
    94 XLT 4x4
    From my experience it's most likely a bad bulb. I'd replace it before you get pulled over and get a warning because it stopped working while your driving down the highway.

In my old 99 chevy malibu, I drove from Bloomington Indiana to sullivan In, Then back to Bedford with one head light. One my way home to Springville I was pulled over by an Indiana state trooper. I even had new bulbs in the car but of course it was to dark to see to change it and I had never changed them in that car before. Didn't see the pins you pull up to remove the light until the next morning. I only got a warning which was ok with me :)

Right before I sold it I took a knife and removed the pin from a bright bulb and stuck it in the dime socket :)

nobody ever flashed me but then again I had hit a deer and had no way of adjusting the lights after that 25MPH impact :(

6. dpas

dpas New Member

City, State:
    Salt Lake
    91 EB & 93 XLT
    Problem solved. Bad bulb was the culprit.

7. deamon3

deamon3 Active Member

City, State:
    Wisconsin
    94 Eddie Bauer
    Thought I would add that I also had this problem , only I had to slam my hood to get it to work. New bulb fixed it.