Headunit install question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headunit install question

JOBN

Reaction score
My sister has a 2005 Ford Explorer. The stock unit ate her CD so we got her a new one. I know very little about cars but am ok at wiring stuff so we tackled replacing it. Everything went great and it works. However, we have one wire that we can't figure out where to connect it to. Its a DVD head unit and has a wire that connects to the parking brake. I know you can do bypass but I'd rather not, I don't support that. We just can't figure out which wire to connect it two. She saw two wires. Can anyone provide any help?

Thank you very much!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you mean two wires on the parking brake, then it should connect to the ground (black) wire.

Basically, at least how my head unit worked was, it checks the state of the HU before starting, then right after starting. If the state didn't change between grounded and not grounded, playback is disabled. If it changed from not grounded to grounded, playback was enabled.

I know you said you didn't care to bypass it, but I figured "black" would just be too short of an answer :p

It has to be grounded i have a 04 explorer with pioneer flip i hooked that wire to a switch and grounded it works fine no probs

JOBN, which HU did you get and does it work with the steering wheel controls. Our CD unit just quit on us.

Thanks

Back