Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Heat controls in extermine cold weather

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by Mickalo, December 30, 2017.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Mickalo

Mickalo Active Member

City, State:
    Iowa
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2010 Explorer w/4.0 4wd
    Howdy

well here in NW. IA we're in a deep freeze for a few days and notice in the morning when starting up the heater controls seem a bit sticky or sluggish to response to the control settings. It has manual climate controls and the heater works great but notice when really cold out, in the minus temps, when turning the selector to defrost/floor & the heat control to hot setting seem a bit slow to respond which maybe normal.

My question is does it matter, or help, if after shutting it down and sit over night is it better to leave the control knobs both turn "off" or leave them set to defrost/floor and the heat temp set to the max hot setting? Just don't what my heater controls to go out me when it's like --15-20F in the morning.

TIA

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.