Heated seats High setting only gets to 90F? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heated seats High setting only gets to 90F?

Bill #5 Explorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
The only issue I have so far (and it just might be my imagination too, I haven't ruled that out) is that I think my passenger seat heater gets a bit hotter than my driver's seat. And I certainly want my butt as toasty as my passenger's.

You do realize that there are 3 settings? High, medium and low.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a limited too and there are only 2 settings just like every other vehicle I've ever owned. Like I said, it could've just been my imagination.

I have a limited too and there are only 2 settings just like every other vehicle I've ever owned. Like I said, it could've just been my imagination.

My Limited has 3 setting, for sure, for the heated seats. Just used them this morning.

My Limited has 3 setting, for sure, for the heated seats. Just used them this morning.

My limited has 2 settings, I just used them this afternoon. Do you also have the cooled seats? That could be the difference, I only ordered the 300a because I'm not a fan of perforated leather.

My limited has 2 settings, I just used them this afternoon. Do you also have the cooled seats? That could be the difference, I only ordered the 300a because I'm not a fan of perforated leather.

Correct, I have the AC Cooled seats too. I've always wanted cooled leather seats for the summer. Black leather made this a must-have, this go-around.

Can you take a pic of the screen with the 3 settings?

I'll try in a few days with my Blackberry. The icon on MFT is a seat with 3 little dots above it that illuminate depending on the setting.

Same here. 300A only has 2 settings..

Three settings

The Ltd has three settings for heated seats. I also have cooled seats. However, when I turn on the heated seats I have the choice of three settings. I will take a pic and post it for you. Cheers.

The Ltd has three settings for heated seats. I also have cooled seats. However, when I turn on the heated seats I have the choice of three settings. I will take a pic and post it for you. Cheers.

The 301A and 302A package Limiteds have 3 settings. The 300A package (without the cooled seats) only has two settings.

SOLVED: Heated seats High setting only gets to 90F?

What is the correct temperature setting for the heated seats?

Mine reads 90F maximum on High setting. It feels lukewarm to me. 90F is below body temperature, so it feels lukewarm. If the seat temperature is higher than body temperature, it would feel warm to hot.

I understand the temperature is sensor controlled which is great.

Is there an internal preset that can be changed to make the High setting warmer?

I have been in the Escape, and the heated seats are much warmer than mine (I've not measured it though).

What are your temperature readings?

Where are you getting the temp from? The heated seats have low, medium and hi setting only indicated by the little lights above the seat symbol.

I'm not using the MFT console. I use my own infrared thermometer.

On my XLT there are only 2 settings.

Meat thermometer poked into the seat? :D

Meat thermometer poked into the seat? :D

I've done that too! Well, not a meat thermometer actually, but a thermopile temperature probe with a multi-meter that does the conversion to a temperature reading.

Ehrmm ... and not actually poking, just probing, ehhh that came out wrong too!

Keep in mind, your body will insulate the seat when you're sitting on it, like a couple bundled up to share body heat, helping the warmth compound. The seat isn't designed to cook your butt - just keep you warm lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could be the seat is the problem. During the summer, the passenger seat AC worked well but the driver's seat barely worked. Turned the EX in and the dealer adjusted the seat or something. Got it back, the seat started to cool, and I could hear the fan blowing from the seat. Didn't realized that I couldn't hear the fan at first while sitting in the driver's seat. Turn the EX in to be fixed.

Back