LOCKONS7RA7US

Reaction score
City, State
Everett washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 , eddie bauer
Callsign
Taco Run
when my car is in park heater dosent blow ( which is fine ) i have it in the off position on the switch . but when i start driving the heater starts to blow out air out of the vents even though its in the off position . i dont have AC anymore i did a AC delete .
havent had to much time to **** with it , would like to get some info on where to start and what to check or what it might be and go from there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The "OFF" position of the switch controls only the fan motor operation. Air will still come thru the vents (while driving) because the upper slide position is set to allow fresh air from outside in. You would have to slide your upper (horizontal) control lever all the way to the left to turn the vent control off.

I have moved it over to the far left but still have the air going through the vents , could it be due to inner moving parts

Could be. Could be a loss of vacuum somewhere in the system or it could be the foam seals are shot on the blend doors and are allowing air past them, even though they should be closed.

only vacum lines that are being used are transmission , brake booster , cruise control and fuel pressure regulator . could the lines behind the glove box control that system . and if it is foam then i wont stress to much about it , eventually will go through a full car rebuild

Put a shutoff valve on the heater hose

Back