Hello explorers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello explorers

Axel Van Dyck

Reaction score
City, State
Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum my name is Axel. I currently own an 89 Taurus wagon and I'm planning on selling it to buy a 1993-1998 explorer, I'm looking for some advice from u owners on how reliable this SUV is, and if you would recommend buying it for a daily and frequent road trip vehicle (I hit the hwy every weekend). I've been doing some research and I'm a little concerned about the tranny issues, people says it fails a lot (they said the same as for my AXOD taurus, but stills going) oh and if you could enlighten me on what to inspect for on the 4x4 would be great.
I like to keep my cars in mint condition long as I can, my current car has more than 90k miles in it and runs/drives nice and smooth so I'd like to get something worth out of it, at least something that won't left me sit on the side of the road, I always liked 2nd gen explorers.
A big thank you

Welcome to this forum! Your car sounds like it's in good condition. Maybe you should keep it as a spare instead of selling it?
Thank you for the welcoming! I'll consider your advice as it makes a lot of sense. I've been keeping it for more than 10 yrs, it was my first car and now I kinda want to switch to a newer one

Welcome. My wife is on her 3rd Explorer Sport. She had a 94, & is on her 2nd 99. The first 99 Sport went 275K miles before we sold it, the 99 Sport she owns now has 103K miles on it.

Back