Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Hello form Arkansas!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cavcounts, July 17, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. Cavcounts

Cavcounts New Member

City, State:
    Beebe, AR
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1996 AWD 5.0 XLT
    Hello, I just got myself a nice 1996 AWD XLT Explorer!

Ive always wanted one and finally completed my goal of obtaining one! HAHA!

Anyways, Its a great truck

but there are a few questions though, Im thoroughly sure that a front wheel bearing is completely out. It vibrates like no tommorow and the faster I go, the more it vibrates! It also pulls slightly to the right (Steering wheel included as well in the pulling) So thats why Im thinking its a bad wheel bearing...

Anyways, whats the average price for a front wheel hub assembly or bearing, and what kind of damage can be caused by it?

Whats the gas mileage I should be getting out of my Explorer? Its a 1996 AWD 5.0 V8.
    with AC on?
    with AC off?

what are some things I can do to bring more horse power and better mileage?

Its got 155,000 miles what should I be looking for?
    Thanks Guys!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    Welcome to this forum! Check WWW.RockAuto.Com for a price on the wheel bearings. There is a thread called Quest for 30 which has fuel saving tips.

We Support Our Troops!