• Register Today It's free!

Hello from Dubai!

Das0m3n

Reaction score
City, State
Dubai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Eddie Bauer, 4.0 SOHC
Hey guys... I see most of you are from the US and Canada.

thought I'd bring some foreign perspective to the forum too... straight from the desert city of the Middle East... Dubai.

To introduce myself... I hail from India, but I'v been living in the Middle East for the past 16+ years... so I would call Dubai 'home'.
I was in MI for a year and a half... studied at U of M, AnnArbor... so hello to all the people from MI!

I wouldnt really consider myself "New" to the forum, considering I've been following this site closely for more than a year... and I'm already familiar with the moderators here like Froader, Gerald (GJarrett), RangerX, Rick and Monmix and others that I forget... so hi to you all! :)

So far, the forum has been REALLY helpful in diagnosing and in some cases, solving problems that arose with my own Tank (that I'v been driving for two years)

Till date I felt I had very little to contribute to the forum and most of the questions I had, were already answered.. Plus, I never could save up enough $$ to do some "Serious Explorations" of the Ex. :rolleyes:

But all that should hopefully change soon. And with some upcoming projects that I have in mind, I hope to share a lot of what I am going to do with you guys.. and hopefully get lots of help too (I AM going to need it... really)

Thanks for all the help so far!

PS: Gerald... just giving you a heads-up... you're famous this side of the world too >_<. The worst/best thing about the internet is.... the damn thing just refuses to forget! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome i am orginally from the middle east as well. I was born in Iran I lived there till I was 8 years and now i live in the united states. I been living in the u.s.a. for like 20 years now.

I havent been back to my country in Iran in a long long time I need to go back to visit sometime.

thanks brooklyn! i didnt know that... Maybe he can help me a bit next time he's around here.. considering not many people here bother doing DIY jobs.. they'd rather pay through the nose to get ripped off by technicians who dont know diddly about their cars.

im sure 410Fortune gets the best treatment possible here... 'cuz these guys need elevators like you need breakfast :D

despite being a regular visitor to the forum for a long time, i have never managed to figure out exactly what the color coding and the bold and italics on everyone's name-tags actually means.

especially the BOLD BACK ones... i noticed that many of the people i called moderators in my first post are not actually moderators (yet?)
but theres a lot of you mods out there so forgive ^_^

and i hope all the guys i mentioned do become mods at some point =)

despite being a regular visitor to the forum for a long time, i have never managed to figure out exactly what the color coding and the bold and italics on everyone's name-tags actually means.

especially the BOLD BACK ones... i noticed that many of the people i called moderators in my first post are not actually moderators (yet?)
but theres a lot of you mods out there so forgive ^_^

and i hope all the guys i mentioned do become mods at some point =)

I'm a Buckeye so normally I wouldn't help out a Wolverine from up North but I'll let it go this time :p:

The blue names are regular members, red names are for Elite Explorers, green names are for vendors, and black names are for moderators.

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Welcome to Explorer Forum! You should get some pics of your truck out in the desert. That would be awesome. Partly because I think you are the only member in Dubai that I know of.:thumbsup:

@steventadams: Thanks Buckeye :D thats what i had assumed but there were apparently some inconistencies.. but ill take your word for it =).

@Dopler174: Yeah, ill get some pics on here soon!

@RoadBully: Thanks =)

@BrooklynBay: hey thanks!.. im trying to get in touch with sidd and stuey. hope theyre keen on messing around with their exs too (Im pretty sure I have seen them around dubai)

Hey, looking for a radiator for my ford ex, am in Dubai...

if ya know of any place reliable that would be of great help...

Hey guys... I see most of you are from the US and Canada.

thought I'd bring some foreign perspective to the forum too... straight from the desert city of the Middle East... Dubai.

To introduce myself... I hail from India, but I'v been living in the Middle East for the past 16+ years... so I would call Dubai 'home'.
I was in MI for a year and a half... studied at U of M, AnnArbor... so hello to all the people from MI!

I wouldnt really consider myself "New" to the forum, considering I've been following this site closely for more than a year... and I'm already familiar with the moderators here like Froader, Gerald (GJarrett), RangerX, Rick and Monmix and others that I forget... so hi to you all! :)

So far, the forum has been REALLY helpful in diagnosing and in some cases, solving problems that arose with my own Tank (that I'v been driving for two years)

Till date I felt I had very little to contribute to the forum and most of the questions I had, were already answered.. Plus, I never could save up enough $$ to do some "Serious Explorations" of the Ex. :rolleyes:

But all that should hopefully change soon. And with some upcoming projects that I have in mind, I hope to share a lot of what I am going to do with you guys.. and hopefully get lots of help too (I AM going to need it... really)

Thanks for all the help so far!

PS: Gerald... just giving you a heads-up... you're famous this side of the world too >_<. The worst/best thing about the internet is.... the damn thing just refuses to forget! :D

Back