Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Hello from Exploder240k

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Exploder240k, July 7, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Exploder240k

Exploder240k New Member

City, State:
      Indy
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      96 Explorer XLT 240k mile
      Hello Explorer enthusiasts!!

I drive daily (when it runs):

1996 Ford Explorer XLT Black and rusted exterior Grey Cloth interior.
      5.0 liter 302 V8 AWD

I don't know why I haven't found and joined this forum until now. I was a Ford Trucks Forum member some long time ago. Sadly, I'm joining this forum now because I have (more) issues with my 96 Ford Explorer with just under 240,000 miles on it. I will post my requests for help and advice in the appropriate forum thread.

My wife thinks its time to scrap my Explorer. I'll admit that it is not perfect and definately old and worth very little, but this truck has been so loyal to me. I would feel horrible betraying it to the crusher or bone yard. Honestly, I'm surprised at how well it has run for so many years and miles considering how neglectful I have been. This SUV took the brunt of the budget while I was unemployed and under-employed. It has been a workhorse, a commuter, an offroad adventurer, a band touring bus, and even a home.

Truly I would love to maintain, repair, improve and modify the old beast back to better-than-ever. But... right now I can just afford to keep it going whenever something goes wrong. I'm really surprised at how well the thing runs considering it has not been maintained. I think its a testament to Ford and the quality that the assemblers in Kentucky on the day that my Exploder was built. Sure many things have gone wrong, but overall I can't complain.

For now... I'm glad you're here and I'm glad I'm here in the Serious Explorations Forum! I hope to soon post pics of my ride, the list of things I've repaired and the long list of things that need to be repaired.

Thanks in advance for your help with my future questions in other posts.
      Ken
      Exploder 240k

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

07 Camry
      Welcome Ken! You're going to have to keep changing your user name when your mileage keeps changing... :D

4. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum!