Hello from Indiana | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello from Indiana

75rjames

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer
XLT
HI all, I've seen a lot of good information on this forum. Hope to be able to contribute to it in time.
Just got a 2013 XLT two weeks ago, and already I'm wondering if I made a mistake. First thing I noticed was water in the spare tire well. After reading on here it seems these trucks have a problem with leaks. I believe I fixed the leak for the spare tire. Two days later I get in it after a hard rain and discovered the gear shifter boot was full of water and the drivers side floor was soaked. I blew out the front drain lines for the moon roof then poured water down the drains to make sure they were clear. I then removed the drivers side roof rail and put silicone on the threads of the mounting bolts then reinstalled the rails and put silicone over the heads of the bolts. Hopefully that will keep the rail from leaking ,still have to do the passenger side. No heat from the rear climate control, only blows cold air, sounds like a blend door needs replacing. A few days ago the wife calls me to tell me the Explorer won't start, so I had to buy a new battery. Now today, I go to open the moonroof, nothing. From reading on here it sounds like I now need a new motor for the moonroof because of the water leak made the motor go out. Hope nothing else happens.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks I'll check the plug at the motor, the shade works fine, the the drivers side headliner was soaked above the door and the overhead console.

Yes I do regret buying this explorer, I have never had this amount of problems in such a short amount of time. Now it appears my water pump is going out, great, just f@$king great!

:dunno:

Back