Reaction score
City, State
Chihuahua
Year, Model & Trim Level
EDDIE BAUER 1993 2WD
hello,
I have a question,
what is the velocity for drive safe in high way (hwy),
I drive 60 mph,62 mph, I think this velocity we can avoid or controller the suv if the tires blows out.
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it is more about knowing your explorer and how the suspension is set up as to how fast or slow you should drive it in conditions pertaining to were you are.

I have a very stiff suspension in my explorer, and I can turn some corner at 35 mph and know it will not tip over.

do I recommend anyone else doing this? no!

you have to know what your suspension is going to do when you push it a little harder than what the factory may say is a safe speed to drive in certain situations.

Te van a multar por exceso :p:

hello

I was scared because I can going driving in high way or free way to 60 mph,
and could blow out a tire, and then the suv could overturned,
I have a new tires LT 235/75/R15/101/101/Q M+5, but I am thinking about change the tires for a sport tires for increase the stability when i drive in free way,
what type the tires could I use?

thanks
:(

I only want avoid rollover and drive with my famili a little more safe
:roll:

The LT 235 tire is probably as safe as you are going to get, and a blow out would be quite unlikely. A bigger (taller) tire would actually make the vehicle higher, and a little bit less stable. Avoiding a roll-over is simply a matter of not going too fast around turns.

The tire blow-out stories were a problem with the original tires, Firestones, along with drivers that were new to SUV's.

Relax, you will do fine. :cool:

Well as lounge lizard has stated, it's how you know your vehicle, it's limitations and your limitations. With really good tires and taking care of them, watching for excess wear, you won't have to worry about blow outs. Not just in an Explorer, but any other vehicle. I usually don't go any faster than 65mph on the freeway myself. You just got to go with what you are comfortable with.

and because you have a tire blowout, does not mean the truck will roll. Once you have a blowout and drive with one, it's amazing how little it really affects you after the initial shock.

thanks for all your answer, I'm fine after to read all your opinions,
I thought that the tire blowout the suv will roll,
then all the suv (jeep, chevrolet, nissan), we will have to drive careful. or
wich suv will are more dangerous?
thanks.

anything you drive on the road is dangerous.

doesn't matter what it is.
you can be driving a car down the road have a tire blow out and have it roll over on you too!

nothing says it won't. But! if you drive any vehicle as safely as you can, keeping with in posted speed limits you should be fine.

Usually, drivers make SUV's dangerous, not the SUV itself.

Back