• Register Today It's free!

Hello

wayver

Reaction score
City, State
alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer eddie bauer
Greetings all! Just signed up. Hoping to pass on and receive some good information. I have read on other sites where people say oh what a piece of junk these explorers are just because they have a few problems. I have owned all the north American makes at one time or another and they all have issues. The manufacturers could easily build vehicles to last a very long time but then they may go out of business. Anyway I have some how become a collector of exploders as I refer to them even though I have had only small issues with them and find them very reliable. My oldest is a 1995 with 420000 km on it and is my favorite, purrs like a kitten and incredibly is only starting to show any great amount of rust! Burns no oil whatsoever. I drove it daily to work 200km a day and it never left me on the road. My wife drives a 2003 and it too has been very good, again minor fixes and wear and tear. I recently purchased a 2002 eddie bauer withv-6 from a fellow who was moving back home and just wanted to get rid of it...........$400.00 I felt like it was auto theft. It did need some work and I did put a few bucks in it so far but it rides like a Cadillac or maybe I should say a Lincoln. I also picked up a 2002 eddie bauer from a fellow in the same city who wanted to sell parts off it so I offered him 500.00 for the whole unit and he accepted. I didn't realize till I went to pick it up that it had the v-8. Same color and interior etc. I drove it home and he said it didn't run good, may need an intake gasket but ran fine. So I have used a lot of parts off of it to fix the other one up but may resurrect it if I can find enough other parts, what a vicious circle! Or I may part it out if enough people are interested in parts. The engine and transmission seem good. 300000 km approx. Leather interior.

One question I am looking for an answer to is that on my 02 when I try to turn on the heated rear window/mirrors, the small light above the button comes on then goes out right away. So the window and mirrors do not defrost. I checked the fuse and relay and both are good. Is this an issue with the control panel on the dash? Everything else seems ok. I'm not familiar with this type of control as our other units don't have this type.

Back