• Register Today It's free!

Em Ess

Reaction score
City, State
Merchantville, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer, 4door
Hello!

I have a 2004 Explorer, with all of the same problems that everyone else has posted! The latest is that the repair that I did for the DOOR AJAR problem seems to have returned. It is too cold and snowy to take this apart at this time. Gas mileage has gone down significantly, usually this improves after an oil change, at the last change, the air filter was also replaced, still no improvement. I received a notice that it is due for a 155k mile service. What does that entail and what is the cost? The latest is the coolant leak from the thermostat housing, I just read up on THAT, the green light on the rear view mirror goes on and off, seems to respond when I play with the wires on the back of the PC board, I have to look at the connector, and the thumping from the back, I read up on that, really don't want to tackle it. I had the blend door replaced a few years ago, but is seems the ones in the back are intermittent. Any advice on any of these issues that I have not covered?

Welcome to this forum! We have a section for the year of your Explorer on the main forum page. A quick search with keywords for each topic will show you numerous results. The search bar is located at the top of each forum page on this site.

Welcome to this forum! We have a section for the year of your Explorer on the main forum page. A quick search with keywords for each topic will show you numerous results. The search bar is located at the top of each forum page on this site.
Thank You!

Back