Help! 1991 Navajo won't start. Just bought it, need it for work!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! 1991 Navajo won't start. Just bought it, need it for work!!

Mason4.0

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Mazda Navajo LX 4.0
Hi, I just made an account here. I need urgent recommendations, I just bought my 1991 Navajo LX 4x4 4.0 v6, 180k on it from a mechanic. I bought it 3-12-2012 and it was running good, but today 3-16-2012 driving down a gravel road, I nailed a Large hole, the instant I hit the bump my truck's acceleration bogged down, So Immediatly I let go of the pedal and threw it out of third gear and rolled it to a stop, and the engine was slowly boggin down, then shook car for second and died. Started it up after few moments, ran bout 2 seconds good, bogged down again rpms dropping then shook and died, same thing 2nd try, then towed it home, now wont fire up at all cranks, but nothing else. And have job interview coming up really need this up n running putting every hour in my day tryin to find out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Under the dash on the passenger side is a sensor that cuts off the engine when there's an impact. Simply reach under the dash and press the button and the Navajo should start.

Under the dash on the passenger side is a sensor that cuts off the engine when there's an impact. Simply reach under the dash and press the button and the Navajo should start.

my thoughts exactly, it's called the inertia switch, it's function is to shut off the fuel pump in the event of an accident, when you nailed that hole, it probably triggered the inertia switch. When you just go key on, you should be able to hear the fuel pump prime itself.

I hear bout the interia switch, I looked at it its showing Red, and is pressed down. Does it need to show black? or red?

Back