• Register Today It's free!

help.. bent valve!!

Vanessa8829

Reaction score
City, State
Tiffin, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 02
I had my explorer in the shop due to the rocker arm breaking and the timing belt got messed up with a blown gasket seal. with white smoke coming out of the top of the engine. The shop sent my engine into Ford and they fixed everything but the bent valve, (thousand bucks) I do not know why they didnt fix the valve. It is drivable now and it is my only vehicle so I am driving it, with the noise and clicking. they told me to the fix the bent valve I am looking at another 1800 bucks unless I put a new engine in it, which could cost more if I could find one. I am lost on what do to, trade it in and never buy ford again, hence i traded in my ford focus that was in a bad condition since the day I got it and had major problems and got this explorer and the explorer had engine hunny in it so I did know of the rocker arm issues until it broke. I still owe 3 thousand on this explorer and have only owned it for 3 months and I do enjoy it but I do not want to put 2 grand in it knowing I could buy a different vehicle for 5 grand. Anyone have any advice?

Back