Help- Can't find my homelink power wire | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help- Can't find my homelink power wire

Bradrcr

Reaction score
City, State
Renton, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
I have an '02 Explorer XLT with a moonroof and just purchased a new overhead console with homelink. Unfortunately, I can't find the extra harness wire in my roof to plug into the homelink. I've traced the wiring harness from A pillar to A Pillar, and there only seems to be a branch off on each end that heads towards the back of the SUV. What am I missing? every connector seems to already be hooked up. If there were some 02 Explorers that didn't have this wiring, could someone tell me about any wires I can splice into that definitely would be in my harness? Could I hook up a 9volt battery to power it? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Why not wire it to the probably green wire that goes to your lighted visor mirrors? That's the power wire for homelink on the Gen 2's, and that's what I spliced into to install mine in my 95- can't see why it wouldn't work for yours too...

I have an '02 Explorer XLT with a moonroof and just purchased a new overhead console with homelink. Unfortunately, I can't find the extra harness wire in my roof to plug into the homelink. I've traced the wiring harness from A pillar to A Pillar, and there only seems to be a branch off on each end that heads towards the back of the SUV. What am I missing? every connector seems to already be hooked up. If there were some 02 Explorers that didn't have this wiring, could someone tell me about any wires I can splice into that definitely would be in my harness? Could I hook up a 9volt battery to power it? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

For my 05 Explorer, I have a moon roof without the homelink like you have. When you pry the panel off, you'll see two connectors. The one on the left is for the sunroof, and there is one on the right just hanging out clipped onto a black piece of plastic on the panel. That is your one. If you need a picture, ill take it, but se if you can find it.

Back