Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Help!!!! Converstion....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EWAUGH6714, June 25, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. EWAUGH6714

EWAUGH6714 New Member

City, State:
      Tampa, Fl
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      99 Mountaineer 2wd 4.0L
      So... Im getting ready to yank the stock 4.0L V6, tranny and rearend out of my 99 Mercury Mountaineer 2WD stock and putting in a 2000 F150 lightning motor tranny and rear end in, i need some help though, i was born and raised a bow tie man and never touched fords so im not familiar with the convertions on them, i know obviously im goin to have to upgrade suspension/shocks in the front and control arms in the rear and im also going to need to move and or fab new motor and tranny mounts for it, but the rest is fuzzy if anyone can help me on the small details it would be greatly appreciated thanks yall

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. mr cribb

mr cribb US Army Retired Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Harviell, MO
      94 Chevy Z71, 93 X EB
      Custom radiator and electric fan I'm sure... I know nothing about installing a mod motor in these but..........

You gotta post pics of it when you do, cause this just sounds wicked.

I'm hoping you got more time, fab skills, and money to burn to pull this off. Mostly cause it just sounds expensive.

this should be moved to the modified 2nd gen category.

Welcome to the forum.

4. EWAUGH6714

EWAUGH6714 New Member

City, State:
      Tampa, Fl
      99 Mountaineer 2wd 4.0L
      yea im looking forward to it from what i understand the only stock part of this motor and tranny are the case and block every thing else is be rebuilt to be stronger, the rearend has also been regeared so im really lookin forward to a nasty sleeper i wanna blow peoples minds with this, the motor tranny combo is about 5G's and the extra parts will run me another 2 or 3 so we r looking at about 9 grand and 6-8 months of work here, and as to moving threads im not sure how to do that im fresh at this whole blogging thing

5. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum! Good luck with your project. Post some pictures of your progress.