Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

HELP!!! Eccentric washer missing??

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Ray Stewart, June 12, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Ray Stewart

Ray Stewart New Member

City, State:
      New Castle, PA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1999 Explorer XLS
      I currently redid my Ball joints upper control arms and tie rod ends on my 99 explorer and when I went to take off my driver side control arm I noticed there was no square washer/eccentric washer on the front half. It is the stock control arm from the factory so I don't know why someone would take it off for no reason but I wanted to be sure if this was correct before I put it all back together to take it to get aligned. Thank you for any input!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. toypaseo

toypaseo Flunked daycare Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      outside shovelling snow
      ................ 96 XLT ™
      You might consider buying the alignment kit before you go in for the alignment.

My Explorer's front tires were wearing bad on the inside edges. Took it in for an alignment, and they call back within an hour saying they can't align it without getting the alignment kit. So, it wasted some of my time, and some of their time. Had to reschedule at a later time, and they had to order the kit.

Since you are missing a piece, I would guess that the kit would make it easier to align :dunno:

4. vroomzoomboom

vroomzoomboom Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS! Elite Explorer

City, State:
      selkirk, manitoba
      98 supercharged 347 sport
      i think you can use this part number MOOG K80065
      there are 2 per kit if i remember.