Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Help Engiune Chugging TRANs issue?

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by walkbk, May 3, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. walkbk

walkbk New Member

City, State:
    Medford, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2007 Eddie 4.6l
    I have a 07 eddie bauer 4.6l with 78,000 recently it seems to be chugging almost like a sputter when im in 4th or 5th gear 40-60 also if i step on the gas hard it slips out feel like the trans droped on the road.

I recently put a K&N intake on it and also and flowmaster 50 series on i removed the stock resonator and muffler and welded up the new muffler and did a turn down at the rear axel.

Could this issue possibly be a back pressure problem. I jus cleaned the mass air and made sure the wires were right. Maybe sparkplugs and or coil (both orginal)

thanks for the help... first post btw :thumbsup:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

We Support Our Troops!