HELP fog light wireing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP fog light wireing

ok so i crashed my 02 explorer eddie bower and the driver fog light was broken i decided to change it over to aftermarket fog lights (55 watts) i want to utilize the factory wiring the fuse blew and i replaced it (blew prior to install of new lights) so new fuse in spot 44 and also fog lights still work tested with battery there is a orange and black wire i am assuming orange hot black ground.. there is a 10 amp fuse in the spot ..im wondering do i need to upgrade the fuse to say 20 or 25 ..also according to owners manual the fog light fuse should be in spot 14 yet there is no fuse there mech might have pulled it for me im not sure please help me guys i know yall are the best with explorers

Do not, I say again, do not install a higher amp fuse without upgrading the wire and all related components to handle the higher amperage. Please read this thread before you install aftermarket lights to the factory wiring/switches: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293166

i read the page i was able to go ahead and wire into existing fog lamp wireing not parking lamp i did upgrade the fuse to a 20 from a 10 as ford suggested to do so the whole issue was my own moronic falt aparently the fog lights (even if the switch is off) only work when key is turned forward.... now before i get yelled at in PA if your vehicle comes with factory fog lights and a fog light switch the vehicle MUST have them for inspection and MUST run off of a factory switch i can install a secound set on a added switch BUT the vehicle must have all factory options i know i know its stupid but its PA nothing makes sense in this state

Back