Help FROADER pick new tires | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help FROADER pick new tires

36" - 38" on a 15" wheel. I'm not getting new wheels.

Which ones and why? And no Procomps! Take into account the type of wheeling I do.

List:

1. TSL SXs
  2. MT/Rs
  3. IROK (eh)
  4. BFG KM not KM2
  5. ?
  6. ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One 37" tire that is available in 15" of course is the MAXXIS Creepy Crawlers -- but a bit pricey

maxxis_creepy_crawler.jpg

I am considering getting these tires..

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I am considering getting these tires..
Well let me know how they work for you. I have a pair in the back but the lack of rock runs here is only proving that dust collects best between the lugs :(

creepy_crawlers.jpg

Would you be interested in CreepyCrawlers? I think I might know of a place that can get them out to you for around the price you'd pay for those and the shipping 4WP charges. I'll call em tomorrow if you're interested.

iz your truck down?

iz your truck down?
No, I'm just waiting for geology to expose some rocks here on the east coast... I'll give mother nature another 5 million years. But to be more seroius, I'm starting my Dana 60 build so I'm just chilling, relaxing and digging up as much info as possible.

[/hijack]

mt/r's, tsl's, sx's, toyo's, creepy crawlers, trepadors, boggers.

KRAWLERS.

I've got some 235s you can have for free :) But more seriously, those creepy crawlers look crazy! Everyone's got the mt/r (i know there's a reason for this). Get something different.

I think your best bet is just to chill for now. Its just off-roading, no sense in going broke over tires.

I'd park that Explorer in the garage and you know.. surf PBB, CraigsList or whatever every now and then, I'm sure you'll find a used set at the right price.

I forgot to mention that I'm sure you're VEERRYY pissed-off about this situation, and most of the time, we're not thinking straight under such circumstances. Go surfing :D

Right, minor detail. Well then my next choice is the BFG, they've been proven time and again and are relatively inexpensive, not to mention used sets are plentiful if you want to go that route.

I've got some 235s you can have for free :) But more seriously, those creepy crawlers look crazy! Everyone's got the mt/r (i know there's a reason for this). Get something different.

are they in good shape? I need some tires for the B2:(

I actually haven't seen them in a while, they're stored away somewhere. I'll check them out when i get a chance and let you know. They're BFG rugged trails, i was never a fan of them, my MT's gave better traction in the rain. But if you want em...

i say borrow a set for the trip. I have missed a lot of trips, and now that i can go, i need all my socal brothers there! Barack is obviously just being a hater because he got a taste of thaven and is now insane with jealousy!:D

I actually haven't seen them in a while, they're stored away somewhere. I'll check them out when i get a chance and let you know. They're BFG rugged trails, i was never a fan of them, my MT's gave better traction in the rain. But if you want em...

Yes please, I have some bob's tire MT's or something with almost no tread left on them, and I really don't want to put money into this thing:(

Hey stic, you should put my 03 ranger wheels on the b2.

Hey stic, you should put my 03 ranger wheels on the b2.

why you giving away wheels?:D Actually I don't mind the b2 wheels they have a classic look to them;) Not even sure how much longer I'm going to keep the B2, could be a few weeks, could be 6mo.:rolleyes:

So far I love my new Trxus MT tires.. and they do make them in 37x12.50r15.

I've only been to TH and my little test track near the house with the Trxus (and DD duty too).. And they grip so much better than my BFG ATs ever did. I'd say they are gripping better than the Geolander MTs I ran a years ago (which I did run at TH once).

~Mark

what about Mickey T's? The MTZ is a great tire for a great price, especially in the So Cal sand, Baja claws too, something to consider......

Now I have to go check the other thread to see if they actually slashed your tires friggin a holes

Back