HELP! How to get into keyless entry?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! How to get into keyless entry??

dannyrehan

Reaction score
City, State
Elmwood Park, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hi,
I bought my '05 Explorer Eddie Bauer last year. I've been trying to use the keyless entry system, but i do not have a code. I didnt get a booklet with the car, and i dont want to pay the dealer $$ to locate it for me. Can someone please help me find my keyless entry number? Step by Step preffered. Thanks!
'05 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The code is 5 digits. The sticker it's printed on is on a computer module. That module lives in the c-pillar are. Back seat passenger side. I pulled off the weather stripping by hand, being careful not rip it. It's pretty robust anyway. There is the plastic cover that can be pulled off by hand. The seat belt retractor lives under this cover. I pulled the belt out far and clicked it into the other side's belt reciever to hold it out of my way. On the pillar you can pull away the colored plastic just far enough to look down in and find the module. On top of the module is the big white sticker with large numbers printed on it. I used a very bright flashlight (surefire brand), also an inspection mirror might help if you can't pull the plastic out far enough to just read it. Those 5 digits will always work! You can then progrtam your own or whatever. Even after you do that, the 5 digits will still always work... Do your self a favor and write them down so you can double check yourself before you close it back up. 20 minutes, no tools, save the surefire and mirror.
Questions? pm me

The code is 5 digits. The sticker it's printed on is on a computer module.
Questions? pm me

found mine the same way....the dealer was goin to charge me $75 to do it..i told my husband and he said thats a joke....he founf it in 5 minutes..its not hard at all...i wrote the code from the module on the back side of my glovebox with a sharpie and reprogrammed the keypad for a code i made...

The code is 5 digits. The sticker it's printed on is on a computer module. That module lives in the c-pillar are. Back seat passenger side. I pulled off the weather stripping by hand, being careful not rip it. It's pretty robust anyway. There is the plastic cover that can be pulled off by hand. The seat belt retractor lives under this cover. I pulled the belt out far and clicked it into the other side's belt reciever to hold it out of my way. On the pillar you can pull away the colored plastic just far enough to look down in and find the module. On top of the module is the big white sticker with large numbers printed on it. I used a very bright flashlight (surefire brand), also an inspection mirror might help if you can't pull the plastic out far enough to just read it. Those 5 digits will always work! You can then progrtam your own or whatever. Even after you do that, the 5 digits will still always work... Do your self a favor and write them down so you can double check yourself before you close it back up. 20 minutes, no tools, save the surefire and mirror.

Where is the module? Second row seats or third row?
Questions? pm me

second row, passenger side.

Would you be able to take a picture of the thing I have to remove? Can you give a little more instructions on how to open it? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Also, when I first got the car, it had a backup sensor that beeped when you reverse, telling you if you're about to hit something. I accidentally turned it off somehow and now I cant turn it on. Is there any button to activate or deactivate this? Please help me! Thank you in advance.

To locate the original keypad code, open the right/rear door. Pull the on-body rubber weatherstrip out, around the rear side of the door closure. Fold the right/rear seatback down into the locked position to facilitate access to the right/rear seat belt anchor. Carefully pry the upper plastic panel that houses the height adjuster and seat belt anchor off the body taking care not to damage the panel. Now pry the lower panel outward just far enough to enable access to the Vehicle Security Module, where you'll see three electrical connectors plugged into it, coloured green, grey, and blue. On the module will be a series of digits on a label similar to 5L2T-15K602-EA. Beside those digits are five numbers. Those five numbers are the keyless entry keypad code. Hope this helps.

These are the instructions I used off the internet. I never had a backup sensor... Don't be afraid to tug on things, it takes a bit of tugging, it'll sound ugly too, but it goes right back together.

Thanks so much guys. I'll try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks so much!!

Keep us posted. Good luck.

Thanks BigRondo! I knew there were pics already out there,but couldn't find them yesterday. Much better write up in there. New HU ?? Wish I could get a new HU for my2005eb, without losing my rear dvd or steering wheel controls, or the sub woofer. Crutchfield kinda gave me a few that would work, but not how I wanted them to work. 6 cd in dash, sat button, aux button in truck now:4L2T-18C815-CE. I want an Ipod dock with recharger. I'd prefer to use to the HU's Digital to Analog Converter and amp. Ya know, line level inputs, not speaker inputs. I'll get rest of the system changed when I have a good head unit.
Thanx for reading this.
Korey

Thanks BigRondo! I knew there were pics already out there,but couldn't find them yesterday. Much better write up in there. New HU ?? Wish I could get a new HU for my2005eb, without losing my rear dvd or steering wheel controls, or the sub woofer. Crutchfield kinda gave me a few that would work, but not how I wanted them to work. 6 cd in dash, sat button, aux button in truck now:4L2T-18C815-CE. I want an Ipod dock with recharger. I'd prefer to use to the HU's Digital to Analog Converter and amp. Ya know, line level inputs, not speaker inputs. I'll get rest of the system changed when I have a good head unit.
Thanx for reading this.
Korey

No problem. :thumbsup:

Worked great on my 2003 Eddie Bauer

10 minutes, a flashlight, and some careful prying of the plastic moulding, DONE

I used a small hand mirror and a flashlight to read the code on my 05 but it is inside the pass side rear trim just as mentioned above

Back