HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!) | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!)

Here’s my problem. Stupid me went 4x4 in my STOCK!!! Explorer and got stuck in a swamp kind of creek thing. I don't really know what is but basically flooded grass. Its winter, about -13c and about 5 in of snow. So I broke through the ground and the wheels are in ruts and spinning freely. Ground level is the frame. How do I get out?

What I have available to me is a Kubota L2800 (Ruffly the same weight if not alittle heavier then the truck) with plow and Front end loader. I have a 3/4 ton come along and a 2 ton hoist. Lots of chain, no straps. I am a one man show with no help.

I have tried hooking a chain to the frame and the tractor and pulled from behind the truck and got nothing but spinning tires.

I have tried lowering the plow to the ground and curling the bucket to pull the truck out....Nothing

I have tried anchoring the tractor and using the 3/4 ton come along and got no where. I stopped one I couldn't move the handle back on forth easily in worry of breaking the chain.

My next moved was to try from the front of the truck. Anchor the tractor to the ground by putting the bucket and plow down. Attaching the 2 ton hoist to the bucket (there’s hooks welded to it). Attaching a chain to both side of the front frame, placing wooden rams on the front tires to help lift it to higher ground while I pull. My question is worth trying or a stupid idea? Is a hoist to dangerous to use in the vertical position?

Sorry I have no actual picks but i will post them once i can.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Indeed had to use several blocks on different trees and angles to get 1/4 mile down this snow drift then hook it to each vehicle and pull it out from up the way on dry ground started with 1 vehicle then 2 came to help stuck as well then used one as a mule with the cable and blocks lol was a fun week

Dude, you need to find the "." on your keyboard. You're driving me nuts, come up for air. :confused:

we freed my dad's F-250 today for the first time since before X mas..

I am guessing he wont leave it parked up in the back of the house (dirt road, up hill, kinda hairy) come fall next year!

Took us 3 days of effort, lots of help from the sun, lots of shoveling, and finally my locked BII with a strap to get him out

we freed my dad's F-250 today for the first time since before X mas..

I am guessing he wont leave it parked up in the back of the house (dirt road, up hill, kinda hairy) come fall next year!

Took us 3 days of effort, lots of help from the sun, lots of shoveling, and finally my locked BII with a strap to get him out

At least someone is getting un-stuck in this thread

A glacier wouldnt pull that sucker out

Next challenge: get to the barn!

the barn is 200 yards up a hill from the driveway, currently there are 3-4' drifts in the road leading to it, thats down from 7-8' (much of it from the plow)

guess whats parked in the barn and has been since before Dec
yup the skid steer loader (snow remover) and John deer tractor with plow...

haha

A glacier wouldnt pull that sucker out

Next challenge: get to the barn!

the barn is 200 yards up a hill from the driveway, currently there are 3-4' drifts in the road leading to it, thats down from 7-8' (much of it from the plow)

guess whats parked in the barn and has been since before Dec
yup the skid steer loader (snow remover) and John deer tractor with plow...

So what's stopping you from walking up to the barn with an ice pick to get the doors loose, starting the tractor/skidsteer and moving the snow? Seems to me they were in the ideal position (up hill, in an enclosed building) from the begining.

So what's stopping you from walking up to the barn with an ice pick to get the doors loose, starting the tractor/skidsteer and moving the snow? Seems to me they were in the ideal position (up hill, in an enclosed building) from the begining.

Ya I think we need pics, I just am not understanding the prob.

so is anyone willing to say it is still frozen in there.

Yeah it has been there for close to a month if it is still there.

Hope he didn't try putting salt in to melt it....might get a rusty explorer out of the deal if it's still in there.

well the Skid steel loader and the John deer tractor are not miracle workers, when you are talking about 4-6' drifts of snow on top of frozen dirt roads there is only so much you can do. The road that leads up to the barn attaches to the driveway and where the driveway has been plowed all season long is a nice 6' tall pile of ice, a friggin loader would be needed to move through that junk, otherwise the skid steer would now just be that much closer to the driveway..
However as I said this is the next challenge....

Bottom line, dont leave the snow moving equipment in the barn before the snow comes ;)

Yeah still frozen.....

Its starting to warm up a bit. this next week will be above freezing, i schould be able to come out then. I just orderd some tree straps. I needed something heavy duty for the furture so got 11000 pounds. thats schould do the trick!

I am planning on filming the removal process. I am thinking of making a time lasp video seeing how it should take me a bit to get out since the turfer is so slow.

So keep yours eye on this thread this up comming week and it might be out.

Hey i have a question for you guys.

What kinda damage you think i got? the ice/water touching the bottom of the frame. So my tranny and engine are out of the ice/water, But i think a bit of my transfer case may be in there, not sure since i can see anything. Most likely the fluids in my diffs will need to be changed but what about the CV joints, bearings, Brake system? do you guys run into issues when your truck is submerged while trial riding?

Yeah still frozen.....

I am planning on filming the removal process. I am thinking of making a time lasp video seeing how it should take me a bit to get out since the turfer is so slow.

So keep yours eye on this thread this up comming week and it might be out.

Looking forward to it.
Good luck!

Bro I can't believe shes still stuck??????? Get that poor puppy OUT!!!

Mine sat in muddy water over night. I had to replace one hub and the bearings, also the fluid in the front diff. And that was just one night!!!! I'm curious to see what will need replacing but I would say ALOT! Deff check all your fluids and go from there.

Back